Creative Director for Original Content (a.k.a. Storyteller Extraordinaire)
Lead the creation of fun, original content for millions of learners worldwide.
We are looking for a creative storyteller and leader who brings educational content to life--someone with big ideas, unselfish creativity, and outstanding execution.
As Duolingo’s Creative Director for Content, you will lead the creation of compelling storylines and lovable characters that engage learners to keep coming back to our products day after day.
You'll be creating and producing original content for Duolingo. You’ll have the opportunity to touch multiple products and be instrumental in developing our newest projects. You’ll work with people who are friendly, fun, and aim to be pioneers in the world of education technology.
P.S., this role isn't a branding / marketing role.
- Build and manage a team of internal and external content creators
- Drive the ideation and design of visual, audio, and text-based content that educates and creates emotional connections
- Embrace new and innovative ways to tell stories through technology
- Help us develop our storytelling “voice” and make that voice consistent across multiple platforms
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, marketers, sales professionals, external influencers, and industry experts to produce innovative and interesting stories
- Help foster a culture of creativity and innovation across Duolingo
- Write creative storylines that make our products addictive
- Desire to make the world a better place through technology, education, and creativity
- Experience leading creative teams
- Demonstrated ability to create content that caters to adults and children, weaving together visual, audio, and written media
- Deep understanding of what compels people to engage in content
- Ability to work collaboratively and across disciplines
- Dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer or artist, but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to inform directions and priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Design, Business or related discipline
Back to top