Country Marketing Manager, Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
Make the world’s most popular language learning app famous in Japan!
We are seeking an experienced, creative marketer to help us build awareness and accelerate our growth across Japan. As our resident expert on the market, you will leverage your skills including PR, social media, advertising and promotions. Reporting to the CMO, you will partner closely with PR, Marketing and Product teams in Pittsburgh to identify opportunities and come up with new, creative tactics and campaigns relevant to the Japanese consumer. We want a creative leader with deep consumer understanding and solid experience in devising PR and marketing campaigns and delivering them with enthusiasm and confidence. As a member of a geographically distributed organization, the ideal candidate will not only be an exceptional, self-motivated creative talent, but also a proactive and team-oriented communicator.
- Develop a marketing plan to grow Duolingo’s awareness and consideration and expand the number of users in Japan
- Hire and manage agencies or contractors required to deliver the marketing plan
- Drive a market specific media relations strategy to ensure PR coverage is achieved in long-lead media and that we can jump on short lead opportunities
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and brand events
- Act as a local spokesperson sourcing and managing speaking opportunities in Japan for yourself and relevant executives
- Analyze the results of the local marketing efforts and adjust the plan as required
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to develop localized product messaging and positioning for feature and product launches
- Work alongside Community team to find interesting ways to tell user stories and engage Japanese consumers more deeply in our brand
- 7+ years of consumer marketing experience
- Experience in conceiving, developing and overseeing Marketing and PR communication ideas throughout their full cycle.
- Culturally clued up and immersed in trends. You must understand what Japanese consumers care about now
- Track record of achieving great results with ideas rather than large budgets
- Expert storyteller, with proven writing skills and the creativity to create compelling and page-turning customer-centric narratives
- Experience working as part of a remote team, building strong HQ relationships and influencing effectively for local market needs
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Passion for our mission to make high quality language learning accessible to everyone
- Experience with mobile apps and subscription services
Back to top