User Experience Designer
Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
We are looking for a user experience designer to join our team and bridge our Product, Design, Marketing and Development teams. As a UX Designer, you will be a part of the entire product design life cycle, from proposing initial concepts to ensuring we ship products and features at a high quality. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design, including product design, interaction design, and visual design.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
- Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team including Product, Marketing and Development
- Collaborating on user experience best practices with our Product team
- Translate interaction and design requirements to front and back-end developers
- Consulting with customers, internal stakeholders and a cross-disciplinary team
- Researching interaction design trends
- Researching technology trends
- Ability to prototype designs (in code or using a prototyping tool)
- Technical background or a strong familiarity with software engineering
- Capable of acting as a PM when needed
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You’ll be expected to be able to clearly communicate design decisions and write user specs
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Portfolio featuring examples of design work
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and associated design tools
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- You emotionally connect with customers
- You Inspire others to aim for bigger, bolder, and smarter
- You live to sketch on whiteboards
- You have learned by experience that no design survives user testing untouched, and you thrive in iterating from user feedback
- You have an ingrained understanding of how to design around technical constraints
- You are proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign
- You understand the nuances of both the Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design specifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, new media design or related design field
- Startup experience a plus
- Some travel may be required
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top