Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Technology Team:
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer’s ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today – and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future.
We are seeking a Technical Lead with a proven track record of leading development efforts in a dynamic environment in a fast growing organisation. As a lead, you will be part of an organisation using the most suitable tools, technologies and architectures to deliver state of the art software. You will be responsible for working with other development and DevOps engineers, to design and deliver business solutions. You will work with a team of internal and/or external engineers to build out and deploy the solution, supporting the team in estimation, prioritization and managing issues when needed.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring (internally and externally)
- Responsible and accountable for leading and coordination of software development and delivery activities
- Lead the interaction and collaboration with multiple teams/customers, including key solution design decisions
- Identify and implement suitable development approaches, frameworks, design patterns and standards.
- Work with DevOps engineers to create a fully automated Continuous Delivery pipeline for deployment of solutions to internal data centres and AWS.
- Ensure that the design and development processes are effective in the promotion of high quality
- Work with the Software Development Manager and project managers to create an environment of achievement, continuous improvement, individual contribution and engagement – fostering high morale and a highly motivated team.
- Provide input and support to the team in estimation, prioritization and managing issues when needed
- Provide technical expertise in terms of software usage, functionality, performance, UX, resilience, reuse, comprehensibility and technological tradeoffs.
- Key contributor to the successful operation and deliverables of the team
Skills and Experience Required
- Eight + years’ experience of object-oriented software design, development and implementation using modern tools, frameworks and methods
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Has worked with an off-shore delivery partner operating in different time zones.
- Experience of the full software development life cycle in an Agile environment.
- Experience implementing a fully automated delivery pipeline up to and including AWS deployment.
- Experience working with some or all of the following – Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, CloudFormation, etc.
Personal Attributes/ Skills Required
- Ability to build successful teams and give clear direction
- Be a decision maker and be accountable for those decisions.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems/ risks and proactively determine and implement solutions
- Identify skillsets quickly and use to the projects advantage.
- Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and with remote teams
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Strong attention to detail with a professional commitment to high quality deliverables.
- Possess good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong coaching skills. Ability to step outside role confines and help teach and enable/empower other team members
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to information and its security. To understand and adhere to the Information Security framework in place, and to contribute to the development and on-going improvement of the D&B Dublin security of information and systems, in terms of confidentiality, integrity and availability both during and post-employment with D&B.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top