Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is vital to businesses of every size and scope, across six continents and every industry. Without our data, how would planes fly, coffee brew or search engines enlighten? When you collect and share insights on almost 300 million companies around the world, your chance to influence that world – for the better – is remarkably exciting. You will feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. Our collaborative, open culture is one where you can be inspired, and be inspiring.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning from data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us modernizing everything we do! We are passionate about the power of data. We embrace the change in the world around us. And we succeed by helping others succeed.
This is who we are and what you can expect when working in Dun & Bradstreet. So if you like the sound of this, we invite you to join our team. It is an opportunity like no other you will ever experience. You are the author of your career at D&B, and the company will back you with development that will lead you on road to success. What’s holding you back? Come join us on our journey!
- As a Technical Architect you have worked in software development for around 15 years. You have demonstrated expertise in a number of specialist areas and are considered a subject matter expert in one or more of these. You have deep domain knowledge within the industry in which you operate.
- You have an expert knowledge of software design patterns and are familiar with many enterprise application architectural styles. You have established yourself as a technology expert within your organisation and are responsible for ensuring that best practices in software development are adhered to at all times. You may be the owner of a team’s development infrastructure and be striving to constantly improve the way they build software.
- You effectively leverage resources within and outside of your team to deliver exceptional results. You are a skilled communicator and motivator and act as an inspirational figure for your team, constantly pushing them to deliver to the best of their ability. You take a keen interest in your team’s professional development and are seen as a trusted mentor.
- You are accustomed to speaking to senior leaders and to other teams on their terms and using appropriate language.
- The Technical Architect may have the responsibility of technically leading a number of teams of software developers in building software
- Take an active part in all aspects of projects from envisioning to transition and including planning
- Drive continuous improvement within development team through adherence to defined quality processes and acting as a role model for the team by always demonstrating the highest standards and following due processes
- Work with the development team and other enterprise teams to create or improve the software architecture of the system under development.
- Actively participating in writing code where needed and in diagnosing issues in existing or new systems and proposing solutions to critical problems.
- Ensuring the delivery meets customer’s expectations as per the given specifications and timelines
- Responsible for preparing status and project reports for the development teams
- Ensuring code reviews are carried out to a high standard
- Provide training and coaching to the software developers in the teams
- Understands and critically evaluates production readiness of overall project
- Assist in the selection of, and organisation of, the teams needed for the development of software projects
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.
- Prepare estimates for new projects and work with the Project Manager on planning of projects
- Understand (or learn) the domain and business and educate the team on those
- You will be expected to provide support and leadership within the local and off-shore teams.
- Candidates must be prepared to take on delivery responsibilities outside of development as needed.
- Candidates must be able to work within a collaborative team environment and deal with both enterprise processes as well as ensuring that the team gets their work done as planned.
- Degree related to software engineering or computer science
- Worked in software development for around 15 years
- Experience in using various development languages (including scripting) with very significant expertise in Java. Scala/SPARK coding experience would also be a key advantage.
- Expert understanding of Design Patterns and Architectural Styles
- Proven ability to design the full solution for one or more large development projects
- Strong experience of designing and developing large data processing (aka “Big Data”) systems. Some of this experience would be using Hadoop ecosystem tools.
- Significant development experience with enterprise databases (especially Oracle and MS-SQL) as well as good knowledge of ETL related tools (e.g. Informatica etc.).
- Extensive experience of database schema design including normalisation, de-normalisation and query performance analysis.
- Experience in systems engineering, security, UI systems, disaster recovery, messaging systems, performance, scaling and backups
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology and creating solutions using such
- Practical experience of any of the following is a plus
- Open Source or commercial development frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate,…
- Managing automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration solutions.
- Code quality reporting tools
- Build/release tools
- Performance Tuning & Performance Testing
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top