Team Lead, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Short Hills, NJ
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
- Leader of the Financial Planning & Analysis ("FP&A") Team supporting Dun & Bradstreet's ("D&B's") Technology Corporate Function.
- Responsible for overall planning, forecasting and analysis (recurring and ad hoc) for Technology Corporate Function.
- Involves specific focus on US-based Cost Centers and coordination with other FP&A teams responsible for non-US Cost Centers.
- Collaborates frequently and extensively with Accounting to ensure complete, accurate, timely and well-controlled monthly/quarterly/annual financial close.
Essential Key Responsibilities/Job Summary
- Lead the preparation of the annual Plan and monthly Forecast for the Global Technology Corporate Function. This overall responsibility includes specific focus on US-based Cost Centers and coordination with other FP&A teams responsible for non-US Cost Centers.
- Lead the preparation and clear communication of timely, accurate and insightful monthly Management Reporting, inclusive of explanations of observations resulting from comparisons of Actual results to Plan and Forecast.
- Lead the preparation various ad hoc analyses related to miscellaneous Management requests and/or non-recurring projects, and communicate the results in a timely, accurate and insightful manner.
- Assist Corporate Functions, Business Units and Procurement with processes, procedures and controls governing the approval of various purchase orders, requisitions and expenditure requests.
- Lead the process for assessing, updating, documenting and communicating expense allocations based upon a well-thought-out, properly supported, and consistently applied methodology.
- Collaborate with the Technology organization to develop financial projections for Business Cases that will be presentated to Senior Management for use in making well-informed strategic business decisions.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Team to support a timely, accurate and complete monthly, quarterly and annual financial close, and to maintain strong internal control over financial reporting.
- Lead, coach and develop the team to achieve efficient, timely and high-quality results with both recurring and non-recurring assignments, while promoting a collaborative, positive and solution-oriented environment.
Education/Experience and Competencies
- Degree in Finance or Accounting - MBA or CPA a plus
- 7-10 years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis and/or Accounting roles, with progressively increasing responsibilities, preferably within technology-related, matrixed companies and/or Business Units
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage recurring responsibilities and multiple ad hoc projects within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven track record of innovative thinking and process improvement, supported by measurable, value-adding results.
- Experience collaborating to prepare and explain detailed annual Plan and monthly/quarterly/annual Forecast balances aligned with the overall Corporate strategy, objectives and goals.
- Experience producing and communicating timely, transparent and insightful Management Reporting, inclusive of comparative commentary explaining Actual, Forecast, and Plan results.
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting concepts relevant to Management Reporting (e.g., inclusive of expense allocations) as well internal and external financial reporting (e.g., USGAAP), as well as the fundamental concepts of effective internal control over financial reporting.
- Strong intuitive proficiency with various, current financial reporting systems and tools, including MS Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills enabling efficient and effective collaboration across staff levels (e.g., Senior Management, peers, staff, etc.) and other Business Units and Corporate Functions.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and solution-oriented leadership style evidenced by successful experience guiding, coaching and developing teams.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top