Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
The People Team
The People team’s vision is to enrich the lives of every team member at Dun & Bradstreet globally. The team is comprised of six distinct functions cross-collaborating to achieve our collective goals.
We are seeking a Talent Acquisition Coordinator who will be at the heart of the engine that creates a positive candidate experience and will help to drive recruiting results for key business areas, such as our Technology, Content, Analytics, Marketing, Finance & People teams. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will be on the front lines supporting an experienced Talent Acquisition team with responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Facilitate a positive candidate experience by scheduling all candidates for interviews, greeting candidates in our Short Hills, NJ corporate headquarters, coordinating logistics, answering candidate questions throughout the interview experience and overseeing the offer letter process
- Build collaborative relationships with hiring leaders, 2nd line leaders, People & Finance Business Partners and Executive Assistants to help execute the candidate experience
- Work cross functionally to back-up another Talent Acquisition Coordinator, On-boarding Coordinator, and assist with broader People Team ad-hoc projects and initiatives
- On your resume we will see a Bachelor’s degree and examples of roles you’ve held where you’ve been required to manage multiple priorities with complexity; we’ll also see growth in the level of responsibility you have been given over time.
- You’ve already demonstrated an interest in pursuing the field of talent acquisition through the types of positions you’ve held or projects. 1-2 years of experience as a recruiting coordinator is desired.
- You are incredibly organized with a calm demeanor, and can execute flawlessly with a sense of urgency, discretion, flexibility and passion.
- You like to be empowered and can work autonomously with limited direction and enjoy taking initiative around vision and goals.
- You are collaborative and have the ability to engage and activate cross-functionally and can provide examples of how you have collaborated successfully.
- You are very comfortable with technology. Experience working within an applicant tracking system is a preferred.
- You are also proficient with Excel, creating Pivot tables and enjoy digging into data.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
High Risk & Fraud Insight Leader
Simi leads a team of product analysts who investigate businesses that are thought to be fraudulent—making sure Dun & Bradstreet and its customers are protected from fraud.
Back to top