Supervisor, Housekeeping and Janitorial Services
Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
- Plans and schedules contractor staff assignments and cleaning services. Based on workload and available manpower, reassigns staff to ensure that work is accomplished according to schedule and that staff is fully utilized. Arranges for shifting of personnel to handle emergency cleaning projects
- Contunuously evaluates and makes recommendations for equipment, changes in cleaning methods, and work performance standards to ensure a more effective and efficient housekeeping and janitorial programs
- As necessary requisitions cleaning equipment and supplies. Ensures proper distribution and control of equipment, materials, and supplies issued to contractor staff
- Provides oral and written instructions to contractor staff for to support special events and services which vary from routine operations
- Inspects buildings daily to ensure contractor service levels are being achieved, including but not limited to lobbies, restrooms, all conference and meeting rooms, coffee/tea stations, copy rooms, senior executive offices and other common areas. Investigates complaints of unsatisfactory contractor performance and takes corrective action to avoid repetition and resolve problems.
- As requested, supervises minor routine maintenance repairs to buildings and equipment. Reports, orally or in writing, conditions requiring a higher level repair capability to Facilities Administrator.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of periodic reports, such as work activity and manpower utilization and requirements, to advise leadership of the status of custodial operations and contractor performance.
- As assigned, assist in the arrangement of premises for special events and meetings such as town halls, training sessions and holiday celebrations.
- As necessary and appropriate, performs hands-on janitorial services to supplement contractor staff particularly in response to complaints and special requests
- Any and all other tasks as may be assigned by Facility Administrator or other line organization leadership
- Expert knowledge of Dun & Bradstreet’s service level agreements with contract housekeeping and janitorial service providers
- Ability to work as part of the Global Facilities, Real Estate & Physical Security Team in their collective execution of all required services
- Working knowledge of cleaning equipment and effective custodial work performance standards
- Ability to lead and supervise a diverse team of contract staff
- Working knowledge of the properties of various cleaning substances and the ability to instruct on their proper handling and use
- Ability to maintain effective inventory, and the requisitioning, and distribution for cleaning supplies and equipment
- Basic knowledge of HR practices as they relate to hiring, evaluating employee performance, and employee rights and benefits as outlined in contractor’s collective bargaining agreements
- Ability to recognize below standard performance and take appropriate remedial action.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and carry out oral and written instructions and directives pertaining to housekeeping and janitorial services.
- Ability to prepare production reports and factual written reports of the contractor activities and performance.
- Ability to communicate and manage corrective and remedial requirements effectively with contractor management
- Ability to orally communicate with others to exchange information and give instructions and guidance about housekeeping and janitorial requirements and operations to contractor staff; bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to use Misrosoft Office suite
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top