State & Local Govt - Strategic Account Executive
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet Government Solutions – State & Local Government Sales Executive
- Are you tired of being the smartest person in the room?
- Does every day offer a problem to be solved and an opportunity for creativity?
- Can you fit a square peg into a round hole and make it look like it belongs there?
- Can you see over the horizon and create solutions to problems that haven't yet been defined?
- Do you have Sales Experience and can you sell ice to a penguin?
- Do you believe that knowledge is power, "informed government makes for better government"?
- Do you have a success record in the unique challenge that selling to government offers?
- Do you thrive in an environment of high expectations, independence and self-management?
- Can you succeed in a role where every day you'll have the opportunity and expectation to learn something new, and where you're expected to try new things and learn from your mistakes?
- Are you articulate, intelligent, driven, creative, collaborative, aggressive, curious, persistent and accountable for your own destiny?
- Can you handle a job that is guaranteed to be unlike anything you've ever done before?
If you can honestly answer YES to at least 7 of those questions, then we may have a place for you! We take only the very best, and Dun & Bradstreet has one opening for a Government Sales Executive in our State & Local Government team.
In D&B's Government Solutions group we are creating visionary solutions to complex government issues, often before government can even see their own problems. We're taking big data to big government to create efficiency in agencies large and small. We're designing processes and tools to improve the government operations of today and tomorrow in areas including healthcare fraud, tax analysis, acquisition and procurement, and economic development. We make government run better, faster and smarter; spending taxpayer dollars more wisely, and delivering better government to citizens.
Our team creates and offers a unique entrepreneurial environment for talented, creative, independent hunters. We offer a challenging environment developing and expanding our business across strategic State & Local agencies, and one that gives you the opportunity to take the content world's largest private database of business information and to create new solutions for government. Successful candidates will have a proven record of complex client management, strategic opportunity creation and capture, and government sales expertise.
- Aggressive penetration and expansion of D&B's presence with strategic agencies in State & Local Government through capture of high-value, highly sustainable complex solution sales.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of high-dollar government clients to expand existing business and network throughout agencies for deeper penetration, with responsibility for ownership of the entire client relationship from start to finish.
- Identify, develop and drive business through collaborative business partner relationships in the public sector.
- Develop, implement and maintain territory, account and project plans in conjunction with the expanded account team.
- Government sales experience, ideally in the State & Local agency market, with an understanding of government procurement processes
- Successful record of complex solution sales and new client capture, ideally with a background in data, business intelligence and integrated data solutions
- Exceptional negotiation, strong presentation skills and superior oral and writing skills
- Strong independent and self-directed work skill and discipline, including research, proposal writing, project scoping, implementation, strategic planning and tactical engagement
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Communications, Marketing or Business
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top