Sr. Software Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
As a Sr. Software Engineer with Dun & Bradstreet, you will be responsible for designing and developing cutting-edge data processing capabilities. You'll be working in a stimulating, collaborative environment focused on continuous improvement within an agile development process, where developers are responsible for end-to-end working software.
We're looking for someone who has expert software engineering skills and a proven track record of delivering creative, high-quality solutions. You're able to prioritize well, communicate clearly and bring an analytic approach to producing innovative solutions. You believe that true success comes from helping others succeed and will develop the engineering team's capabilities by acting as a trusted advisor and mentor.
If you're passionate about software engineering, excited by the possibilities of technology to transform industries and grow relationships and inspired by the power of data to drive insight and smarter decision-making, we want to talk to you!
- Development of cutting-edge big-data applications
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack
- You will quickly validate proposed solutions and address technical uncertainty using proof-of-concepts and early experience prototypes
- You will be expected to write elegant, simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, test-ability, and performance
- Ensuring high quality of team deliverables through rigorous in-development testing methods
- Prepare and validate estimates for delivery of team backlog
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business domain and the wider tech platform you are contributing to
- Collaborate with the team to take advantage of new concepts/technologies
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services at scale
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice and coaching
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience developing commercial software
- Demonstrable superior coding standards and proven ability to produce high quality applications in Spark/Scala
- Proven experience delivering solutions on AWS utilising a broad set of the services available; experience with EMR highly desirable.
- Experience with a broad range of database solutions
- Experience contributing to distributed systems using frameworks such as Hadoop highly desirable
- Experience of working with a continuous integration environment
- Experience of code quality reporting using tools
- Experience of applying unit testing techniques using frameworks
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Degree related to software engineering and computer science
Personal Attributes Required:
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Candidates must be prepared to take on delivery responsibilities outside of development as needed
- Candidates must be able to work within a collaborative team environment
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to the Company's Business Management System. This relates to information and its security, quality, environment and health and safety both during and post-employment with D&B Dublin.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top