Sr Project Manager, Portfolio Management
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
The Sr Project Manager, Portfolio Management (Portfolio Manager) is an important role within the Technology Program Management Office (PMO) at D&B. This individual will assist the PMO Program Manager, Portfolio and Governance in creating a framework for centralizing and managing multiple project portfolios. This includes working with business and Technology areas on identifying desired initiatives and creating quarterly road maps, prioritizing initiatives, managing inter-dependencies across stakeholders, removing impediments, and monitoring the health of active portfolios.
The Sr Project Manager is responsible for assisting the PMO Program Manager, Portfolio and Governance, with establishing, monitoring and managing assigned portfolios by:
- Establishing and guiding the selection, prioritization, balancing, and termination processes for portfolio components to ensure alignment with organizational strategy.
- Providing key stakeholders with timely assessment of portfolio and component performance.
- Assisting decision makers with the review, re-prioritization, and optimization of the portfolio.
- Ensuring timely and consistent communication to stakeholders on progress, impacts, and changes associated with management of the portfolio.
- Facilitating program and project reviews to reflect senior level support, leadership, and involvement in important matters.
- Designing and guiding the construction of the portfolio management module within an existing PPM solution, to provide visibility into project portfolio(s) and/or build other solutions as needed.
- Providing guidance and coaching to other Program or Project Managers within the organization to ensure that portfolios and their components meet established targets. This includes hands on facilitation for the mitigation of risks and resolution of cross-functional issues, as needed.
- Hands on involvement in the resolution of portfolio-related impediments escalated to the PMO.
- Bachelors degree in related discipline with 10+years of relevant experience. Hands-on experience in designing, building, implementing and managing a successful portfolio management framework.
- Experience in rationalizing portfolios for areas in which strategy is loosely-defined
- Familiarity with portfolio management functionality within a common PPM automated solution Experience in building portfolios in hybrid organizations, with projects delivered in Waterfall, Agile and other methodologies.
- Demonstrated strong consulting skills; ability to analyze complex situations, come up with practical solution, get a buy in, and follow through implementation.
- Process improvement experience using a formal methodology is highly desirable
- Supervision and/or oversight experience. Ability to drive results in a matrix organization.
- Outstanding analytical, written and verbal communication skills. Effective communication skills to various audiences, including C-levels, and ability to influence and drive change.
- PMI-issued credentials in either Project, Program, or Portfolio disciplines. Agile certifications a plus.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top