Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
As a Sr. Manager, Engineering you will be leading a large team working on diverse projects across multiple regions of the globe. The work will involve a large range of technologies from transformational projects to customer facing issues. You will be working in a dynamic environment which is fast paced and requires the ability to react quickly. The role is a "lead from the front" type position requiring, strong communications, technical skills as well as an analytical mindset. You will be managing scrum teams working on multiple projects, dealing with local and remote stakeholders both internal/external.
We are looking for leaders that are passionate about driving their teams forward to deliver at the highest standards.
Requirements & Skills:
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years managing teams
- Leading and coaching team members to achieve business results and driving high performance through a range of performance management activities
- Excellent communications skills (must be able to communicate with both developers as well as senior stakeholders)
- Strong Data Engineering knowledge and skills
- Scrum/Agile experience as well as classical Waterfall PM skills
- Good core Java/Python and ideally server-side Java technologies
- Working experience with API services, UI development and UI Frameworks would be ideal
- Strong working experience with various database technologies (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, HIVE etc.) preferably Oracle
- Must be able to document, present and articulate designs and technical decisions in front of teams and key business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of AWS services essential
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field
- Must be focused on achieving team goals
- Detail orientated
- Strong leadership
- Drive initiatives
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Be innovative and passionate about emerging technologies
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.