Sr. Financial Analyst
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
The Financial Analyst plays a dual role for the company, supporting both the Finance organization as well as Sales Leadership:
Finance - Responsible for ensuring accurate and required finance functions are executed
- Assist in completion of annual budgeting and monthly reporting of actual results.
- Prepare forecasts and analyze financial data to provide timely analyses
- Act as resource for Sales Leaders, Account Executives, and Internal Departments on more complex proposals to ensure pricing, terms, variances, etc. are structured to mutual advantage of customer and D&B.
- Work with appropriate parties (Sales Accounting / local offices) as needed to ensure accurate reporting of results.
- Maintain current YTD / YTG updated estimates during the course of the year.
- Ensure proper alignment of back office systems to support a variable hierarchy structure.
- Provide assessment of issues, perspective on results, and recommendations to Senior Leadership to influence the sales organization on meeting plans and objectives.
- Identify compliance issues for Sales Leader action.
- Manage operating expenses to budget and partner with the expense team to identify and resolve issues.
Sales Leadership - Maintain a strong focus on aiding Business Leaders in making value enhancing business decisions
- Analyze financial information and its impact on the business and provides perspective to the business leader.
- Provide customer / product / revenue analysis to identify trends (favorable or unfavorable) in order to provide actionable information for corrective and / or business planning purposes to Sales Leadership Team.
- Perform daily/weekly extract / analysis of sales pipeline. Consolidate sales forecasts by office and revenue component.
- Responsible for reporting of daily sales results and identifying trends so that performance is optimized and accurately projected
As background, this candidate should also possess:
- Degree in finance or accounting required; MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of significant finance/accounting experience in a corporate environment
Those who do not have 5 years of experience in a similar/related role will be considered for a Financial Analyst level role.
- Experience with large data sets
- Experience working with sales organizations to forecast and plan future results
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office suite especially Excel, Cognos TM1, Business Objects & Salesforce CRM experience preferred
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in clear, actionable way to non-financial audience
- Strong process and analytical skills; intellectually curious
- Ability to work well in a teaming/collaborative environment with a natural tendency to ask why
- Ability to manage a large workload with a sense of urgency and adapt real time to re-prioritization in a fluid environment
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top