Sr. Director, Executive & Employee Communications
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
There has never been a more exciting time to join Dun & Bradstreet. We are innovating our business, amplifying our dynamic new brand, and architecting how we go to market, and we are seeking a Sr. Director, Executive & Employee Communications to develop the voice of our executives with a major focus on our Chief Executive Officer (CEO.)
As Sr. Director, Executive & Employee Communications you will be at the heart of the engine that drives the voice of the executives. This is a highly visible role and will be instrumental in channeling our CEO's voice everywhere he is. You will also advise other members of the C-Suite on a case-by-case basis. You will report into the Global Head of Communications at Dun & Bradstreet's global headquarters in Short Hills, NJ.
You will play a key role in message coordination and consolidation for our CEO's communications platform including but not limited to: media relations, employee communications, executive speaker series, influencer programs, public affairs and others. The role will overseee the strategy development and execution of the communications platform and will also be responsible for the following: executive key message development, conference and other speaker opportunity speeches, earnings calls scripts, global town hall talking points, company emails and blog posts. You will also support other executives with message coordination and consolidation on a case-by-case basis.
You will craft and convey executive messages clearly and authentically, both internally and externally, and will provide guidance to executives on what will resonate with employees.
The candidate will also manage and oversee all Employee Communications strategies and tactics for the company – to underscore the importance we place on communicating with our employees, and to ensure alignment of our CEO/ C-suite messaging across all internal channels. Employee Communications is an integral part of the Global Communications team. We direct the strategic development and execution of the company's communications to help engage, inform, and inspire employees about the company's strategy and business priorities.
The candidate will work with the Employee Communications Director to develop, execute and measure a comprehensive employee communications strategy to support Dun & Bradstreet's business strategy and culture. He or she will be well-versed in employee communications best practices, up-to-speed on industry trends, and adept at driving communications strategy, messaging and programs across our universe of 5,000 employees.
You Bring Experience:
- You are highly articulate and have exceptional writing and editing skills
- On your resume we'll see several examples of communications roles you've held where you've been required to write speeches and talking points for executives – both internal and external communications
- You have writing samples and other supporting media (eg. video of an executive giving a speech that you wrote, media article placements or bylined articles that you were responsible for) that you would love to share with us to show your talents
- You are very comfortable being a communications subject matter expert and can provide examples of how you have demonstrated this expertise – both internally and externally
- You have the ability to craft and convey executive messages clearly and authentically, both internally and externally, and can provide guidance to executives on what will resonate with employees, media, influencers and others
- You know how to develop, manage and execute the company's global internal communications strategy to align with our corporate values: Data Inspired, Relentlessly Curious, and Inherently Generous.
- You provide counsel to the CEO and other senior leaders on ways to use innovative and modern communications and experiences to help achieve business objectives.
- You use and monitor communications channels to ensure we effectively reach internal target audiences using a range of channels, including videos, blogs, internal social media, town hall meetings, email, intranet, and other creative platforms.
- You build community, promote activities, and contribute to employee engagement and culture-building efforts. Deliver high-quality, energetic, lively work; capture and convey a distinct voice and tone; ensure great attention to detail; show empathy, consideration, and understanding of various viewpoints to support Dun & Bradstreet's diverse, growing, and global business.
- You develop measurement approaches to track effectiveness of communications in maximizing focus and engagement on the company's strategy, with a focus on the integration of new technology and communication channels, adjusting programs where necessary.
You lead by example, have the ability to inspire and align resources, including direct reports and other internal and external resources, and excel at coaching team members to high performance.
- You are incredibly organized with a calm demeanor, and can execute flawlessly with a sense of urgency, discretion, flexibility and passion
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism and experience working in media or public affairs – with a mix of agency and corporate experience
- You are ready to take the next step in your career as the voice of the executive for the CEO of Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top