Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Work that involves preparing detailed specs from which apps will be written. Define solutions consistent with business strategies and standards. Deliver fully tested application programs. Act as a consultant to dev groups to enhance existing business apps and to facilitate solutions to meet business requirements. Test, code, and debug new software and make enhancements to existing software according to specs. Performance maintenance on existing software products. Assist in the development of user manuals. Plan and manage implementation and integration of new technologies. Solve highly technical and complex problems on multiple projects and provide consultative support to internal staff.
Coordinates applications development activities through direct and indirect staff. Directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
In-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing applications development projects and programs.
Manages and mentors project leaders and/or technical staff. Works on multiple, complex projects as a technical leader and a subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of expertise working with Java development, debugging and Multithreaded programming.
- 2+ years of expertise working with Information Retrieval Tools such as Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene or related technologies
- Familiarity working with open source development, SDLC tools such as git, Jenkins & JIRA
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience working in AWS and other cloud environments for developing scalable products and solutions.
- Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Quick learner with a relentless curiosity to create and learn new things.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with several of the following, a plus:AngularJS,RDBMS and Database Design Concepts.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top