Sr. Desktop Support Technician
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer's ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today - and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future.
- Provide quality desktop support service including desk-side break-fix repair, remote support and fulfilling requests for new hardware and software.
- Enter, update and close all support activity into the ticketing system within SLA.
- Provide excellent customer service both desk side and remote including triage and escalating tickets as appropriate.
- Provide HW/SW support, repair, deployments, imaging, migrations, installs-moves-adds-changes-upgrades & connectivity issues.
- Perform email account maintenance & minor network administration - active directory etc.
- Provide basic telephony handset support and extension administration.
- Basic support of mobile devices.
- Basic support of hardware/software for development and print servers
- Maintain hardware and software inventory records
- Ability to lead small projects with minimal guidance
- Assist with analysis, maintenance, documentation, and testing of Software and Hardware.
- Advise or train customers regarding the technical aspects and use of standard software packages.
- Design, implement, and document procedures and scripts to automate process
- Develop and/or teach seminars, workshops, or classes to users or other technicians on the technical aspects or use of computer hardware, software packages.
- Lead on technical projects for EUC Operations.
- Maintain, users' manuals, or technical documentation. Participation through all aspects of the Hardware development life cycle Design, development, review, and implementation of new systems
- Provide training & guidance to team members including automation.
- Support Audio and Video Conferences
- Minimum of 5-8 years of PC support in a medium or large corporate environment.
- Hardware & Software Certifications in current technologies desirable - Microsoft, Lenovo, HP, Apple, etc.
- Excellent Customer Services skills both in person and over the phone or written via a remote session / email / IM etc.
- Position is on site support - Must be able to work shifts between the hours of 8:00AM to 6:00PM
- Strong skills in the installation and configuration of a wide range of current industry operating systems, software & utilities including Windows and Office in a corporate environment.
- Experience in the administration of user accounts and properties - creation, deletion and maintenance etc.
- Solid PC Hardware skills - competent in all aspects of PC and Mac / laptop / peripheral installation, repair, parts replacement and configuration etc.
- Physically able to safely lift and carry 50 pounds (23Kg) to move, install, unpack PC equipment etc. when required.
- Must be able to participate in a support rotation schedule to provide support out of business hours and be flexible for weekend working and a variable schedule as necessary.
- Travel to support office moves when required.
- Microsoft Skype for Business - IM, Conference Support, Video and Voice support
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top