Sr. Desktop Engineer
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
- Minimum of 5-8 years of PC support in a medium or large corporate environment.
- Hardware & Software Certifications in current technologies desirable – Microsoft, Lenovo, HP, Apple, etc.
- Excellent Customer Services skills both in person and over the phone or written via a remote session / email / Chat client etc.
- Position is on site support
- Strong skills in the installation and configuration of a wide range of current industry operating systems, software & utilities including operating systems (Windows/MAC OS) and Microsoft Office in a corporate environment.
- Experience in the administration of user accounts and properties – creation, deletion and maintenance etc. Basic Active Directory experience.
- Solid PC Hardware skills – competent in all aspects of PC / laptop / peripheral installation, repair, parts replacement and configuration etc.
- Physically able to safely lift and carry 50 pounds (23Kg) to move, install, unpack PC equipment etc when required.
- Must be able to participate in a support rotation schedule to provide support out of business hours and be flexible for weekend working and a variable schedule as necessary.
- Travel to support office moves when required.
- Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business – Chat Client Support, Conference Collaboration Software Support, Video and Voice support.
- Beginner to intermediate level Unix knowledge.
- Knowledge of JAMF Casper.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with Smart Technologies Interactive Whiteboards and Displays.
- Familiar with online meeting platforms like Cisco Webex and Skype for Business.
- Networking, and A/V experience a plus.
- Provide quality desktop support service including desk-side break-fix repair, remote support and fulfilling requests for new hardware and software.
- Enter, update and close all support activity into the ticketing system within the SLA.
- Provide excellent customer service both desk side and remote including triage and escalating tickets as appropriate.
- Provide HW/SW support, repair, deployments, imaging, migrations, installs-moves-adds-changes-upgrades & connectivity issues.
- Perform email account maintenance & minor network administration – active directory etc.
- Provide basic telephone handset support and extension administration.
- Basic support of mobile devices.
- Basic support of hardware/software for development and print servers
- Maintain hardware and software inventory records
- Ability to lead small projects with minimal guidance
- Assist with analysis, maintenance, documentation, and testing of Software and Hardware.
- Advice or train customers regarding the technical aspects and use of standard software packages.
- Design, implement, and document procedures and scripts to automate process
- Develop and/or teach seminars, workshops, or classes to users or other technicians on the technical aspects or use of computer hardware, software packages.
- Lead on technical projects for EUC Operations.
- Maintain and update user documentation.
- Participation through all aspects of the Hardware development life cycle Design, development, review, and implementation of new systems
- Provide training & guidance to team members including automation.
- Provide training & guidance to team members on MAC OS.
- Provide support for Cloud based apps and client software such as Office 365 including SharePoint, Onedrive and Office Apps
- Support and configuration of Tablet / Smartphone technologies and apps including Surface, iPad, iOS, Windows
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top