Sr. Analyst, BA
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet Technology team is looking for a high performing, results oriented, technology savvy Business Analyst who will work closely with technology, finance, product, marketing and sales operations teams to ensure that our internal tickets/issues are resolved in a timely manner. The Business Analyst will be helping the Project Management team implement world-class problem management practices into the organization.
- Respond to internal and external customer helpdesk tickets and track issues to completion.
- Assist cross functional teams with problem resolution and provide consultative services and guidance.
- Be proactive, identify trends and report root causes of issues as appropriate.
- Conduct data mining and analysis to identify process gaps via SQL queries.
- Act as a liaison between the sales resources, business, and development teams to research data issues and define business rules.
- Create Business Process Maps to document current and future state processes.
- Create written and graphic documentation to capture Business and Functional Requirements, including Use Case and Activity Diagram, as necessary.
- Assist in the development and execution of process improvements to reflect new business requirements.
- EDUCATION: BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field preferable.
- EXPERIENCE: 1-5 years of experience in a web/online environment (internet/startup or Consulting preferred).
- Understanding of enterprise software product life cycle, principles and process.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS and basic SQL syntax for checking results in a database.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook; Visio is a plus.
- Able to quickly assess situations, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; ability to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Proactive and able to independently review and summarize release requirements and quickly become an expert on the feature areas.
- Able to identify, isolate and document defects with a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to collaborate with stakeholders to identify needs through application design sessions.
- Ensure that customer issues are resolved and root causes identified.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies and interact effectively with all levels of management with tact and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
- Strong team player who can build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A self-directed individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus and discipline.
- Have the ability to thrive in a high energy, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable.
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top