Solutions Engineer- Back End
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
We are designing and building the latest in customized data solutions for some of the biggest names in business using Dun & Bradstreet's unique, massive datasets and arsenal of APIs. Our ideal candidate will work with customers and internal solution architects to plan, prototype and build it to fruition. We're looking for a person with a "No-Fear" mentality who can take a head-scratching design, look it over and say "Heck Ya! I can build that!" in a kick-ass kind of way.
The Solution Engineer is responsible for solving business problems through innovative thinking in application development, we use some of the latest web technologies for just about any customer requirement. Whether it is hosted or on premise, the Solution Engineer will develop customer facing applications for production use. This person may be included in pre-sale and/or post-sale consulting support to win and secure business opportunities and meet sales objectives.
Our ideal candidate will have consulted with customers in the past and provided guidance to end users on the best methods, samples and solutions for implementation of Dun & Bradstreet products. Experience in web services environment and agile development is required. This role may also interface directly with clients in both a pre-sales technical role and as a project consultant. Some Travel is required. Other aspects of this role will include:
- Delivering technical product demonstrations catering to the business case of the customer, as well as providing general product demonstrations for mixed audiences.
- Leveraging relationships within other areas of the organization to resolve technical issues and foster awareness of company products and solutions.
- Collaborating with Solution Architects and Sales Representatives on account calls, webinars and account planning.
- Proposing viable technical solutions to customers in real time on both a business and technical level.
- Assisting customers with unique requirements outside the product set that may include the construction of code or the construction of a custom built component or connector.
- Applying company policies, practices and procedures to accurately and expediently complete assigned duties and responsibilities
- Review design requirements and/or existing software and architect viable enhancements or extensions with assistance of the Solution Architects.
- Experience with creating & consuming data from web services and data storage entities.
- Provide advice and direction on best practices for development standards and implementation techniques to customers.
- Provide clear and concise development and process documentation for customers and colleagues.
- A self-directed individual who thrives in a high energy, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience with PHP, SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Minimum at least 1 year of experience with Java / Scala
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (ElasticSearch, Lambda, EMR, etc) or similar cloud-architectures
- Experience working with other development languages. (.Net, Python, Go, Ruby, Cobol)
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to present technical solutions in-depth while connecting the solution to the business value and proposition
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of various complexities and varying stages ensuring timely completion of deliverables.
- Must like tacos!
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top