- Dublin, Ireland
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Summary: Dun & Bradstreet holds the world's largest commercial database, with nearly 300 million records powered by 30,000 data sources updated 5 million times per day. Our teams in Dublin are harnessing the latest technology stacks to build world-class engineering capabilities and develop flexible, scalable solutions through a cloud-first delivery.
This role is to join a team involved in solving publishing and distribution problems around a massive data set that fuels D&B's modern suite of data products. Team members will be immersed in the AWS ecosystem working with a host of technologies including HBase, Spark, Java, Scala, EMR, Lamda, RDS, and more. Team members work in scrum teams as part of an Agile SDLC environment. The successful candidate will be required to create designs for new software components/modules, code to the required design, ensure sufficient unit test coverage is maintained and assist testers and other team members in project related development activities.
- Development of cutting-edge big data applications written in Java/Scala.
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack
- You will quickly validate proposed solutions and address technical uncertainty using proof-of-concepts and early experience prototypes.
- You will be expected to write elegant, simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, test-ability, and performance.
- Ensuring high quality of your deliverables through rigorous development testing.
- Prepare the estimates of the software development and execution as required
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business domain and the wider tech platform you are contributing to.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable superior coding standards and proven ability to produce high quality applications in Java/Scala.
- Proven experience delivering solutions on AWS utilising a broad set of the services available; experience with EMR highly desirable.
- Experience with a broad range of database solutions, HBase highly desirable.
- Experience contributing to distributed systems using frameworks such as Hadoop/Spark highly desirable.
- Experience of working with a continuous integration environment
- Experience of code quality reporting using tools
- Experience of applying unit testing techniques using frameworks,
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Degree related to software engineering and computer science
Personal Attributes Required:
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Candidates must be prepared to take on delivery responsibilities outside of development as needed.
- Candidates must be able to work within a collaborative team environment
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to the Company's Business Management System. This relates to information and its security, quality, environment and health and safety both during and post-employment with D&B Dublin.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top