- Foster City, CA
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
As a Software Engineer at Dun & Bradstreet, you will help to design, code and provide technical direction of the next generation of D&B user interfaces, applications, and mobile app suites. In the Software Engineer role, you will be responsible for creating cutting-edge user interfaces as well as working closely with the UX design team, the D&B product team, and a world-class team of engineers.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Code the next generation of software for Dun and Bradstreet.
- Participate in requirements review with business partners. Plan releases. Plan future product direction.
- Participate with the larger D&B engineering team and become a valued member of the global engineering group and offices around the world.
- Present designs to team members, larger audiences, and key executives within D&B. Champion your cause. Actively promote designs within D&B and potentially in outside conferences and meetups.
- Contribute code to all projects as needed and necessary for the team's success.
Software Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/computer engineering required.
- 5+ years' experience in software development and engineering.
- 2+ years Java, C++, or related computer language
- Big data systems, pipelines, and databases experience
- MapReduce, Hadoop, Flink, Yarn, and Spark experience
- Jenkins, AWS, RDS, Redshift, S3, EMR, Dynamo DB experience
- Agile development concepts experience
- REST, JSON and distributed application development experience
- Unit testing frameworks and approach to coding
- Ability to work on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments
- Strong written and communications skills a must - ability to document, present and articulate designs and technical decisions in front of teams and key business design makers
- Passion and love for writing code, building products and seeing your creations used by customers around the world
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top