Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Job Title: Software Engineer
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet might surprise you! Each day, we are taking steps to transform our culture into one that activates the very best in our people. At the heart of our work you'll find our core values: to be data inspired, relentlessly curious and inherently generous. These values inform how we engage with our customers and how we energize one another. Step inside and you'll feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. We're also exploring what needs to change to accelerate creativity and innovation.
We eliminate traditional performance reviews in favor of a more continuous dialog between team members and their managers.
We flattened the structure of our organization so that our leaders are accessible and more in tune with our people.
And, we changed our dress policy: 'Dress for Your Day' simply means wear what you want.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is looking for an Engineer I to work with an agile team for the company's flagship website, other web properties and products. Working in a fast paced environment, the Engineer will work closely with other developers, devops, database administrators, QA and project managers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting code reviews, agile development, and object-oriented programming.
- Design, Implementation, Administration, Maintenance of the code powering our products as part of a team
- Be a team player, willing to work on any task that comes up while still being able to let loose and enjoy the environment.
BS in Computer Science or a related field, MS Preferable or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years of experience in web development
- Experience building public facing online properties
- Strong UI, CSS, and Web Design principles and concepts
- Have demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Some familiarity with command line (Bash, etc.)
- Desire to participate in and improve skills through pairing and/or design/code reviews
- Experience building applications with a framework like AngularJS, EmberJS, React, and Backbone
- Experience with continuous integration tools: NPM, Jenkins, Travis
- Experience using source control repositories such as SVN or Git
- Strong understanding of multi-tiered, dynamic, data-driven web applications
- Experience developing on top of web services
- Experience with search engine optimization
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Java, Python, PHP, NodeJS
- Experience writing back end services
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Amazon AWS Experience
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top