Site Reliability Engineer
- Foster City, CA
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
You will be joining a team focused on development for our industry-leading, highly scalable, SaaS based Customer Data Platform, D&B Lattice. This team is expanding quickly to tackle exciting challenges with our core products involving "Big Data" predictive analytics, reporting, querying, and data processing & management leveraging distributed design and data processing technology such as Hadoop/Spark. Your work will be vital to solidifying D&B Lattice as the leading Customer Data Platform and expanding our reach to new markets. The current team consists of experienced professionals with background from top schools (such as Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Tsinghua, UC Berkeley, U Penn, etc.) & top software/tech companies & successful startups (such as Apple, Google, Oracle, Salesforce, ServiceNow, VMware, Zoom, etc.), who have proven their aptitude for delivering robust solutions for our customers using the latest technology, and they are looking for fellow engineers who are excited about technology, learning, and shipping products to join them.
D&B Digital is looking for a high-caliber, well-rounded technology professional with experience designing and managing various server and network technologies to join its Operations team. The candidate will be instrumental in the design, implementation and management of our SaaS production environment to host our predictive analytics solution. The candidate will be someone who is adept at keeping up-to-date with the latest technical trends; can commit to and meet tight deadlines.
- Working closely with other developers, database administrators and project managers in an agile environment to improve existing infrastructure design and provide production support
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvements to reduce mean time of delivery, antifragile design and security posture
- Planning, implementing and releasing production changes using zero-downtime techniques
- Empowering engineers to contribute changes to infrastructure by pairing, supporting and mentoring
- Conducting root cause analysis and identifying relationships between processes and events
- Performing ongoing design and code reviews
- Participating in 24/7 on-call rotation (weekly rotation, primary/secondary)
- Potential technology stack for this position could include: AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Hadoop, Spark, DynamoDB, Redshift, Redis, Akka or similar technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Over 3 of demonstrated DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering experience with a focus on configuration and code
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy, high-growth and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a desire to learn new skills and implement new technologies
- Quick debugging and root cause analysis
- Experience programming with Python/Java and a strong understanding of Unix/Linux networking operating systems
- Strong experience with configuration management tools (i.e. Terraform, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible)
- Demonstrated experience managing production cloud infrastructure at scale
- Bachelor's in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar is desired
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top