Senior Technical Developer/Engineer
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another.
So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Technology Team:
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer's ecosystems. We are transforming the way we deliver value for our customers by migrating and innovating in scalable Cloud environments. If you have the applicable skill set, and passion for "Big Data", we invite you to apply for a position in our team.
Candidates for the role of Senior Technical Developer/Engineer should have the following capabilities:
- Create/ implement solutions against D&B content to produce value add enrichments.
- Learn and work with complex D&B Identity Resolution systems that are a key element of this position.
- Provide technical direction and guidance across multiple projects.
- Help innovate our engineering activities to help set the Enterprise Architecture vision and principles/standards through active participation and hands-on development.
- Participate in analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Review project documents – specifically technical design specifications – to ensure that they will result in solutions that are "fit for purpose" and provide the intended business functionality. Provide a future looking lens to all programs to identify unanticipated benefits from the solution being developed. Ensure deliverables resulting from technology programs are extensible to accommodate future requirements.
- Have a minimum of 10 years development experience on large and small project teams
- Experience with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with virtual/Cloud based software and hardware deployment.
- Experience with batch, microbatch and stream processing systems (i.e., kafka, storm, storm trident, kinesis or Samza)
- Familiarity with Hadoop Big Data environments
- Participates in technical project design and engineering efforts.
- Consults with internal and vendor resources on design, code and test reviews. Builds new high level designs as required.
- Has strong familiarity with Data processing and transformation techniques.
- Has experience with Maven (or Gradle or similar build automation and management system).
- Has a passion for Open Source systems.
- Recommends technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise.
- Ability to provide technical guidance in one or more centers of expertise.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Freely shares experience/expertise with the development team. Demonstrates highly collaborative behavior.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment with internal & vendor resources.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to clearly explain design considerations, options, and trade-offs.
- Ability to lead remote teams and mentor junior team members.
- Works in an agile environment.
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Related Field OR extensive and related work experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis, and design and programming techniques.
Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for various projects. Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
Technical Knowledge: coding, testing, system design & configuration of large, complex and interconnected systems utilizing multiple tools, technologies and programming languages including.
Experience with Cloud based solutions, AWS and EMR, Lambda, Athena, RDMS and Kinesis
Spring MVS & Spring Batch
XML/ JSON is a must
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top