Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
D&B Small Business is a business unit within Finance and Risk that focuses on the needs of micro and small businesses. The charter for the team is to enable transformation of our D&B Small Business technology stack into consolidated modern, stable and extendable platform to bring intuitive user experience, global coverage and scalability with our more advanced workflow, automation, and integration capabilities to meet the current and future needs of our clients.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will responsible for developing highly scalable, distributed software systems. You will work with a geographically distributed cross functional software dev teams as well as product managers, operational teams, vendors and program managers; execute and improve on industry best SDLC practices that will help modernize our products and platforms; drive innovation and collaborate with technologists across the organization to elevate our team, and accelerate time to market by reducing code complexity,
- Hands-on development, architectural breakdown and design review of software across (front-end/back-end) in a polyglot programming environment.
- Identify, plan and ensure successful incremental execution of application modernization, re-platform and refactoring efforts.
- Lead software debugging, monitoring and performance optimizations.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other Application Development teams to prioritize initiatives and to plan resources effectively.
- Participate on 24x7 on-call rotation along with team members
- MS/BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years overall experience software engineering:
- 2+ years hands-on prior experience working with Java/PHP and related frameworks (SpringFramework, Laravel) are desirable.
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices and solution architectures and tradeoffs (Micro-Frontends, Responsive Web Design / Single-page Application Design, Component Libraries, API Driven Development, Feature Flags, SOLID/ DRY principles)
- Experience with testing methodologies that cover unit, integration, system and performance testing. Guide work for onshore and offshore software engineers on multiple project scrum teams to provide high quality and high availability solutions.
- Conduct code reviews, follow an agile development process, continuously strive for improvement utilizing service-oriented architecture and object-oriented programming. Experience using AWS for designing and building software, core services (ELB, S3, EC2, CloudFront, etc.) along with security risks and mitigations.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.