Senior Software Engineer (multiple locations available)
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Locations: This role can be based remotely or in the following locations: San Mateo, CA; Austin, TX; Short Hills, NJ; Center Valley, PA or Hyderabad, India.
Dun & Bradstreet has the world's most comprehensive business data sets and analytics capabilities to power today's most crucial business needs. That's why 90% of the Fortune 500, and companies of all sizes around the world, rely on Dun & Bradstreet to help grow and protect their business. Our engineering teams focus on developing industry-leading, highly scalable, SaaS based applications to put this data into action. We are solving extremely intellectually interesting problems using machine learning, artificial intelligence and high-performance distributed computing.
We are looking for individuals interested in building world-class SaaS applications and solving complex challenges with one of the world's largest B2B data sets. We have a supportive team atmosphere, using the latest technologies, and always strive to ensure D&B is the best place to learn and grow your career.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will design, code and provide technical direction for the next generation of Dun & Bradstreet applications, cloud-services, and data-processing platforms. As an engineer, you are responsible for creating cutting edge micro-services, APIs, and big-data pipelines, working closely with the UI and UX teams, the D&B product team, and a world-class team of engineers.
Your Role Will Include:
- Software development and coding in modern programming languages
- Development of platform capabilities to meet business requirements
- Validating solutions using proof of concepts and prototypes
- Identifying design patterns and approaches to follow for program solutions
- Collaborating with the team to take advantage of new concepts and technologies
- Making informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services at scale
- Supporting and developing more junior engineers by providing advice and mentorship
- Growing engineering teams by participating in interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 8+ years' experience in software development and engineering.
- 5+ years Java, C++, Python, GO, or related computer language.
- Agile development experience with Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Experience with testing methodologies that cover unit, integration and system testing
- A significant track record of learning new concepts, business models and technologies
- Quick learner who can manage projects with minimal supervision and a flexible positive attitude
- Developer - loves to write code, build products and see your creations used by customers around the world.
- A plus, if you have experience with: Data pipeline build at app and platform layer; MapReduce, Hadoop, Flink, Yarn, and/or Spark; Jenkins, AWS, RDS, Redshift, S3, EMR, Dynamo DB:REST, JSON and distributed application development; Unit testing frameworks and approach to coding
If any of this excites you, click apply! Select 'LinkedIn Ted Gaubert' for how you heard about us.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top