Senior Software Engineer - Big Data
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
You will be joining a team focused on development for our industry-leading, highly scalable, SaaS based Customer Data Platform, D&B Lattice. This team is expanding quickly to tackle exciting challenges with our core products involving "Big Data" predictive analytics, reporting, querying, and data processing & management leveraging distributed design and data processing technology such as Hadoop/Spark. Your work will be vital to solidifying D&B Lattice as the leading Customer Data Platform and expanding our reach to new markets. The current team consists of experienced professionals with background from top schools (such as Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Tsinghua, UC Berkeley, U Penn, etc.) & top software/tech companies & successful startups (such as Apple, Google, Oracle, Salesforce, ServiceNow, VMware, Zoom, etc.), who have proven their aptitude for delivering robust solutions for our customers using the latest technology, and they are looking for fellow engineers who are excited about technology, learning, and shipping products to join them.
You will work with our top engineers across our application, platform, data science, and UI teams to implement a cutting-edge customer data platform that will challenge you and your teammates technically and intellectually. Daily you will be working with other engineers, product managers, and QA to invent the best solutions for our customers and advance our leadership position in CDP and ABM fields. You should feel confident in your development skills and also open to diverse opinions so that you can make the decisions on how to build our best solutions. Our culture is built on mentorship, so you should be prepared to learn from others and also teach others. As a Senior/Lead Software Engineer you will be expected to work on projects as a technical lead and give guidance to other members on technical design and overall on best practices.
- Responsible for leading the design and development of a Big Data predictive analytics SaaS based customer data platform using object oriented analysis, design and programming skills, and design patterns
- Implement ETL workflows for data matching, data cleansing, data integration and management
- Maintain existing data pipelines, and develop new data pipeline using big data technologies
- Responsible for leading the effort of continuously improving reliability, scalability, and stability of micro services and platform
- Contribute to and lead the continuous improvement of the software development framework and processes by analyzing, designing and developing test cases and implementing automated test suites
- Reproduce, troubleshoot and determine root cause of production issues
- Participate daily standup team meeting/bi-weekly sprint planning & sprint-end demo/retrospective and work cross-functionality with other teams in Lattice to drive the innovations of our products
- 3+ years in back-end development in Java
- Experience building data pipeline framework for data workflow to process large-data sets
- Possess experience in either Apache Spark or Hadoop
- Strong expertise with 2+ years of experience in building enterprise techniques for large scale distributed system design and data processing
- Strong knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, Object Oriented programming and design
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to hit the ground running and learn/adapt quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven, willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Desired but not all required: Hands-on experience with Scala, Cascading, AWS, DyanmoDB, Redshift, Redis, Akka, MongoDB, Airflow, Pytorch, Scikit-Learn, MapReduce, Metadata Management, Tensorflow, NoSQL, Cassandra, Machine Learning or similar
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Master degree is preferred.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top