Senior Software Engineer
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Team Overview: This person will work with the engineering, product, design, qa, and release teams to write code for the delivery of the data cloud portal project.
The Role: The Senior Software Engineer will help to design, code and provide technical direction for the next generation of D&B applications, cloud-services, and data-processing platforms. As an engineer, you are responsible for creating cutting edge micro-services, APIs, and big-data pipelines, working closely with the UI and UX teams, the D&B product team, and a world-class team of engineers.
- Code the next generation of software for Dun and Bradstreet.
- Participate in requirements review with business partners. Plan releases and future product direction.
- Participate with the larger D&B engineering team and become a valued member of the global engineering group and offices around the world.
- Present designs to team members, larger audiences, and key executives within D&B. Champion your cause. Actively promote designs within D&B and potentially in outside conferences and meetups.
- Contribute code to all projects as needed and necessary for the team's success.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/computer engineering required.
- 8+ years' experience in software development and engineering.
- 5+ years Java, C++, or related computer language
- Experience with:
- Building data pipelines and databases
- MapReduce, Hadoop, Flink, Yarn, and Spark
- Jenkins, AWS, RDS, Redshift, S3, EMR, Dynamo DB
- Agile development concepts
- REST, JSON and distributed application development
- Unit testing frameworks and approach to coding
- Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and possesses knowledge in a specific business area.
- Strong written and communications skills a must. Must be able to document, present and articulate designs and technical decisions in front of teams and key business design makers.
- Developer - loves to write code, build products and see your creations used by customers around the world.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top