Senior Software Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Senior Software Engineer
Dun & Bradstreet holds the world's largest commercial database, with nearly 300 million records powered by 30,000 data sources updated 5 million times per day. Our teams in Dublin are harnessing the latest technology stacks to build world-class engineering capabilities and develop flexible, scalable solutions through a cloud-first delivery model.
As a Senior Software Engineer with Dun & Bradstreet, you will be responsible for designing and developing cutting-edge data processing capabilities. You'll be working in a stimulating, collaborative environment focused on continuous improvement within an agile development process, where developers are responsible for end-to-end working software.
We're looking for someone who has expert software engineering skills and a proven track record of delivering creative, high-quality solutions. You're able to prioritize well, communicate clearly and bring an analytic approach to producing innovative solutions. You believe that true success comes from helping others succeed and will develop the engineering team's capabilities by acting as a trusted advisor and mentor.
If you're passionate about software engineering, excited by the possibilities of technology to transform industries and grow relationships and inspired by the power of data to drive insight and smarter decision-making, we want to talk to you
- Develop platform capabilities to meet business requirements.
- Determine operational feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Validate solutions using proof of concepts and prototypes
- Write simple code (low maintenance, extensibility, test-ability and performance).
- Collaborate with the team to take advantage of new concepts/technologies.
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services at scale.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice and coaching.
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring.
- Proven experience working on large-scale, distributed systems using frameworks (Hadoop, Spark and/or EMR desirable).
- Proven experience delivering solutions on AWS utilising a broad set of the services available.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with requirements gathering and problem space definition.
- Expertise in Java (Scala desirable).
- Understanding of object-oriented design and programming methodologies.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of microservice development in large scale, high-transaction and high-availability secure environments.
- Practical experience in automated unit testing frameworks, continuous integration, performance tuning/testing and application monitoring.
- Strong understanding of performance issues and how to resolve them on EMR and AWS in general.
- A knowledge of best practices and new emerging technologies.
o Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
o 5+ years of experience developing commercial software
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to the Company's Business Management System. This relates to information and its security, quality, environment and health and safety both during and post-employment with D&B Dublin.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top