Senior Software Engineer
- Austin, TX
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
Our DataVision team helps customers analyze and visualize their data through modern UI experiences and powerful backend systems. We build complex search solutions on top of scalable architectures that allow us to support hundreds of thousands of users and large data sets.
We're working hard to build the most advanced set of business data and analytics in the market. We move fast and take great pride in what we're building. If you love solving hard data problems, working with great teams, functional programming, and building scalable software using modern technologies like Scala, Elasticsearch and Akka, we want to talk with you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build scalable architectures using Scala, Akka, and related technologies.
- Write Scala code to populate and query our Elasticsearch cluster.
- Model analytical data in a searchable and scalable way.
- Create new ways of pivoting client data with D&B's rich datasets.
- Test and tune distributed Akka compute cluster.
- Build automated tests using Specs2.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics.
- 5+ years of programming experience in languages such as Scala, Java, Groovy, Python, or Ruby.
- Significant experience working in a language that incorporates at least some functional features, such as Ruby, Python, or Groovy.
- Significant experience working with relational databases. Storing and querying relational data should be second nature to you, including joining and grouping.
- Solid understanding of fundamental computer science concepts such as the practical application of data structures and algorithmic complexity.
- A significant track record of constantly learning new technologies.
- Agile development experience. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Energetic and has a passion for software development and emerging technologies.
- Experience with functional languages like Scala, Haskell, or Clojure.
- Experience with search technologies like Elasticsearch or Solr.
- Experience with Akka or other distributed processing frameworks.
- Experience with big data, especially if you've used highly concurrent systems like Spark, Storm, or Hadoop to analyze data.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top