Senior Software Engineer
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
D&B are seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our Data Reporting and Insights team.
You will join an established team, working on a cutting-edge modernisation program to refactor how we deliver content to our customers. Utilising a Hadoop based architecture, we are hosting 300m company records, with 24hour processing, where we typically process 10m record updates per day and 10 billion element updates per month.
Our Data Reporting and Insight team are responsible to mine this active reservoir of data, in order to provide distilled and actionable learnings. These insights feed directly into customer reports. The team also realises both regular reports and ad-hoc queries that are integral to managing the integrity of our data processing engine.
Working with emerging technologies and software, you will be provided with a working environment that is stimulating, challenging and rewarding. If you want to influence, have the talent and ability to innovate with the best, and the courage to stand up for quality then we want to talk to you.
Key Responsibilities and skills
- Developing Java based applications in a Big Data domain
- Development of Unix scripts.
- Visualisation using Open source (ELK), Tableau other tools.
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities.
- You will be expected to write elegant, simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, testability and performance.
- You will validate proposed approaches and explore new concepts using proof-of-concepts, wire frames and early experience prototypes.
- Ensuring code quality and testing of the software after creation
- Drive continuous improvement in the quality and cadence of releases.
- Ensure the supporting artefacts for each release, such as run-books, release notes, design documentation, are robust and in place.
- Data Mining & Insights experience will be an advantage.
- B.S. in Computer Science or an equivalent degree
- Demonstrable superior Java coding standards and proven ability to produce high quality applications
- Demonstrable superior Unix Scripting standards
- Experience of developing on Big Data platforms particularly Hadoop (preferred)
- Experience with reporting, data management, or data analytics and visualization using market leading commercial and open source tools, including standard and ad-hoc reporting
- Experience with Hive, Pig, Impala etc
- Beneficial to have some visualisation tools like ELK, Tableau etc
- Proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code
- Experience of managing a continuous integration environment
- Experience of code quality reporting tools
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Exposure to Cloud based technologies (eg AWS a benefit)
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management
- Have knowledge of Agile delivery processes, preferably Scrum
- Experience in managing delivery within a Cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with Hadoop based solutions
Personal Attributes Required:
- Candidates must be able to act as a mentor to others.
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Candidates must be prepared to take on delivery responsibilities outside of development as needed.
- Candidates must be able to work and provide leadership within a collaborative team environment
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to the Company's Business Management System. This relates to information and its security, quality, environment and health and safety both during and post-employment with D&B Dublin.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top