Senior Software Developer
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet, is looking for talented senior software engineers to help design and develop new cutting edge data processing capabilities. You will be working in an environment that is stimulating, challenging and rewarding. Our focus is on continuous improvement within a lean and agile development processes where developers are encouraged to focus on working software over heavy documentation.
Successful candidates must show an ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and have a proven track record of delivery and utilizing excellent software engineering skills. They must also demonstrate creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. A strong analytic approach with the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop platform capabilities to meet business requirements
- Determine operational feasibility of proposed solutions
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, diagrams and code
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice and coaching
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services at scale
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with requirements gathering and problem space definition
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented design and programming methodologies
- Expertise in core Java and/or C/C++
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with real-time and event based architectures
- A thorough knowledge of best practices and new emerging technologies
- Experience with SQL, data warehousing, NoSQL data stores, Hadoop, and AWS technologies for big data like S3, Redshift, and Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- Strong knowledge of micro service development in large scale, high transaction and high availability secure environments
- Practical experience in automated unit testing frameworks, continuous integration, performance tuning/testing and application monitoring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- experience in developing commercial software.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top