Senior Software Developer
Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Technology Team:
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer’s ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today – and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future.
orking with emerging technologies and software, you will be provided with a working environment that is stimulating, challenging and rewarding.
D&B are looking for developers who are proud of their code and who are willing to stand behind it every time. People who want to make quality, elegant code, and superior standards part of their everyday practices. We want people who take an active interest in the technical community as a whole and who have a passion for what they do.
If you want to influence; have the talent and ability to innovate with the best and the courage to stand up for quality then we want to talk to you.
- Development of cutting edge big data applications written in Java.
- Take actively part in the beginning from the conception stage
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities.
- You will be expected to write elegant, simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, testability and performance.
- You will validate proposed approaches and explore new concepts using proof-of-concepts, wire frames and early experience prototypes.
- Ensuring code quality and testing of the software after creation
- Prepare the estimates of the software development and execution as required
- Understand the domain and business and educate the team on those
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable superior Java coding standards and proven ability to produce high quality applications
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience of applying unit testing techniques using frameworks,
- Experience of developing on Big Data platforms particularly Hadoop (preferred but not essential)
- Proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- Experience of managing a continuous integration environment
- Experience of code quality reporting using tools
- Exposure to using various other development languages with expertise in some of benefit
- Exposure to Cloud based technologies (eg AWS a benefit)
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.
- Degree related to software engineering and computer science
Personal Attributes Required:
- Candidates must be able to act as a mentor to others.
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Candidates must be prepared to take on delivery responsibilities outside of development as needed.
- Candidates must be able to work and provide leadership within a collaborative team environment
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to information and its security. To understand and adhere to the Information Security framework in place, and to contribute to the development and on-going improvement of the D&B Dublin security of information and systems, in terms of confidentiality, integrity and availability both during and post-employment with D&B.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
High Risk & Fraud Insight Leader
Simi leads a team of product analysts who investigate businesses that are thought to be fraudulent—making sure Dun & Bradstreet and its customers are protected from fraud.
Back to top