Senior Salesforce Engineer
- Waltham, MA
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
The Sales and Marketing Solutions Technology (S&MS Technology) team develops customer facing products that help customers steward their account, lead and contact data. The Dun & Bradstreet Optimizer products serve as the foundational building block for sales and marketing alignment by delivering valuable business intelligence on more than 330 million business records and their corporate hierarchies. D&B Optimizer for Salesforce ensures the data powering a customer's Salesforce environment is clean, complete, and actionable. Powered by the Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S® Number, it enables an organization to have confidence in segmenting the market, identifying priority targets, and ensuring alignment across the business, while reducing the costs associated with bad data. One of The Dun & Bradstreet Optimizer products is D&B Optimizer for Salesforce - it continuously and manages data quality inside the Salesforce environment, so a customer doesn't have to.
- The Senior (Salesforce) Software Engineer will liaise closely with the rest of the development team and non-technical members of the business to architect and implement new features as well as resolve existing bugs in an agile manner according to the Salesforce platform's best practices. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of engineering scalable solutions and writing clean code. The candidate will also be required to review the code from other developers to make sure the team as a whole produces the best code possible with as little tech debt and bugs as possible. You are relentlessly curious and driven to dig into a functional area and understand its nuances. You take ownership of the product, pride yourself on writing clean maintainable code and have a get-it-done attitude.
This role has the following objectives:
- Work with the team of developers and quality assurance engineers to maintain an existing product as well as design and implement new features for the D&B Optimizer for Salesforce.
- Write tests for all new code and maintain the overall code coverage at a minimum of 75%.
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of new products and features (50%)
- Serve as an expert in the use of Optimizer for Salesforce. (10%)
- Work closely with other internal teams (e.g. Product, IT) to ensure that any product issues are clearly communicated and resolved in upcoming releases. (15%)
- Identify, report and act on tech debt or bugs in the code that could lead to customer dissatisfaction. (10%)
- Share and document solutions that are being implemented. (5%)
- Enable both peers and the stakeholders to grow their knowledge of how D&B Optimizer for Salesforce is built. (5%)
- Provide coaching to other team members as necessary. (5%)
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, ideally within the business information or distributed web application sector.
- Proficient in at least one OOP language such as Python, PHP, C#, or Java.
- Proficient in at least one database query language.
- Must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem assessment/solving skills.
- Experience with documenting procedures and fault-finding guides.
- Experience working with large datasets and manipulating schemas.
- Well organized, disciplined and able to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Certified Salesforce Administrator, Certified Salesforce Platform Developer or other Salesforce certifications
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top