Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
D&B is the world’s leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, enabling companies to “Decide with Confidence” for 169 years. D&B’s global commercial database contains more than 165 million business records in over 200 countries. D&B provides solutions sets that meet a diverse set of customer needs globally to mitigate credit and supplier risk, increase cash flow and drive increased profitability.
Based at our new Sandyford location, D&B is creating an exciting and innovative centre of excellence. We will be working with leading edge, emerging technologies to create strong, customer focused interfaces for D&B products. We are seeking innovative, motivated and talented individuals to work in our fast paced growing operation.
This role provides quality assurance and testing expertise as a service to software development projects across the Technology portfolio. The Senior QA will serve as a focal point on all quality matters, working side by side with multiple development teams to ensure quality objectives are met, software defects are reduced, and to improve overall service quality and customer satisfaction.
They will also work with their peers to identify and rollout appropriate QA tools and techniques while ensuring quality led process improvements within D&B Dublin development activities.
- Through definition of the project test strategy, in partnership with business and technology stakeholders, the Senior QA will identify the customer and business risks associated with project development and identify how the test approach will mitigate the identified risks. The Senior QA will also define a test approach in support of various software development methodologies including Agile.
- Responsible for management and coordination of all testing activities on assigned projects including definition of testing approach, test effort estimation, progress and status reporting, training and education on D&B QA processes and tools. Educates technology teams on their responsibilities/accountabilities for the purpose of achieving on-time and quality deliverables.
- Accountability for management and tracking of project level testing risks ensuring timely communication of impacts to Project Managers. Defines reporting metrics and documents non-compliance to policies, process and standards and assists in their resolution.
- Responsible for management and coordination of independent testing activities on assigned projects including:
- Work closely with business partners and technology representatives to ensure that overall product quality requirements are documented, understood and are in line with agreed quality standards.
- Work with technology customer managers and developers, both onshore and offshore, to ensure any completed technical deliverable is fit for purpose and exceeds predefined quality standards.
- In partnership with development team quality engineers use appropriate QA tools and techniques to track defects and produce appropriate quality metrics.
- Participate in reviews and post-project analysis to identify and recommend future process improvements.
- Provide consultancy to development teams on QA methods and techniques, best practices, use of automated tools, test environments.
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 5 years experience in a quality assurance role with experience of software quality assurance for mission-critical business applications.
- In addition at least 3 years experience of leading quality assurance teams for two or more Agile development projects.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Computer Science
- Demonstrates a thorough appreciation and practical experience of full-lifecycle QA principles and practices and QA activities & techniques.
- Demonstrates understanding and exposure to test driven development with some exposure to Load Testing, Performance Testing and Security Testing.
- Excellent understanding of the needs of both internal IT and external business customers, with the ability to adapt language to suit the audience (business, technical, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a proactive approach to work.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to work meticulously and methodically whilst under pressure.
- Able to absorb and evaluate information from a variety of sources and understand the ‘big’ picture view as well as the detail.
- Experience working in an Agile environment in particular Scrum.
- Experience working at a code level and comfortable reading and writing scripts.
- A proven track record in cross group management with demonstrated abilities to get results using defect containment practices, test automation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to negotiate with business and technology partners to leverage synergies and raise the level of quality in D&B projects and products.
- Experience in delivering both API and Big Data projects
Personal Attributes Required
- Candidates must be able to work both in a collaborative team environment and also in an individual capacity.
- Capability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems, and able to advise team members based on your own experience and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and change the way people and organizations work.
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technologies.
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to lead by example.
- Strong attention to detail with a professional commitment to high quality deliverables.
- Ability to promote the QA function as a value-added service.
- SOATest, SoapUI, Other Web Services testing tools
- Demonstrates understanding and exposure with Java.
- Demonstrates understanding and exposure with Linux.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top