Senior Programme Manager
Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Technology Team:
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer’s ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today – and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future.
As a Senior Programme Manager in our Technology team you will shape, lead and control the delivery of complex, cross functional Programmes across our lines of business, optimizing resources, timescales and approaches whilst always ensuring that you deliver benefits for our wider business.
It is likely that you’ll lead a cross functional team including, but not exclusively, technical delivery professionals in both a direct and matrix environment and will engage directly with multiple senior business & technology stakeholders.
As a key member of the team that delivers technical solutions across our non-US markets the Senior Programme Manager will work to not only deliver benefits but also to shape our engagement with our stakeholders and our approach to delivery.
In respect of engagement with stakeholders and shaping our approach to delivery the Senior Programme Manager will,
- Understand and anticipate stakeholder needs by working closely with leaders from D&B’s Lines of Business & Markets and our WorldWide Network partners to understand their strategies, critical issues and priorities
- Identify, enable and deliver opportunities to support these stakeholder strategies and priorities whilst growing revenue and driving down costs
- Shape and determine the content, structure and objectives of Programmes that support these opportunities including engaging across global teams to maximize the realisation of benefits
- Engage with a diverse group of senior stakeholders to influence their strategic direction and ensure our approach to delivery meets their business goals
In respect of delivery of benefits the Senior Programme Manager will,
- Shape and determine the content, structure and objectives of Programmes, aligning with global teams to achieve the company’s goals and objectives
- Determine the resource requirements Programmes and assemble cross-functional teams to deliver them. Plan and supervise the work of these teams to ensure effective communication and coordination between all teams and team members
- Drive progress of these Programmes including understanding, challenging and proactively managing their cost and time position to mitigate potential delays
- Establish effective relationships with key programme, business and technology stakeholders to ensure delivery of benefits
- Provide leadership to delivery professionals, developing colleagues through challenging objectives, feedback and coaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of leaders, managers, and subject matter experts.
- The ability to communicate clearly with both the business and technical teams using language that is appropriate to each audience.
- Able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong decision making ability and ability to identify practical trade off options
- Can identify goals and objectives
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Demonstrable skills in presenting information effectively
- Able to produce high quality, effective and thorough documentation
- Able to manage and prioritise competing requirements
Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven ability to lead at a senior management level with large organisation experience of project / programme management, project based commercial processes and performance management of suppliers
- Likely to have over extensive experience as a programme and/or project manager delivering technology centric projects, with expenditures of over £10m, in complex and uncertain environments
- Significant experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams using agile and waterfall approaches to effect delivery in rapidly changing environments
- Strong project management experience in software delivery, systems integration or related environments to deliver bespoke software projects
- Experience of defining and implementing programme governance methodologies as an integral part of successful programme execution, including the definition and dissemination of best practice across the wider organisation.
- Knowledge of the business information or financial information markets and consulting (internal or external) experience would be highly desirable
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top