Senior Java Engineer
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
As a Senior Engineer you will be developing a cutting edge API based web application, you will be provided with a working environment that is stimulating, challenging and rewarding. Our focus is very much on constantly improving our development processes using agile development methodologies where engineers are encouraged to design and develop systems in regularly delivered iterations and unnecessary documentation is minimized.
D&B are looking for Engineers who are proud of their code and who are willing to stand behind it every time. People who want to make Test Driven Development and metrics a part of their everyday development process with a focus on quality, elegant code, and superior standards. We encourage our team to take an active interest in the technical community as a whole, share their knowledge across our teams and have a passion for what they do.
If you want to influence technology and design, have the talent and ability to innovate and the courage to stand up for quality then we want to talk to you.
- Develop, test and deliver highly performant and secure API based services (Java Stack)
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities.
- You will be expected to write elegant, simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, testability and performance.
- You will validate proposed approaches and explore new concepts using proof-of-concepts, wire frames and early experience prototypes.
- Work within an Agile Scrum with Dublin based and some globally distributed team members.
- Ability to take ownership on design, development and delivery of complete features or code improvements, working with BA, Architect, Tech Lead and Testers.
- Assist in improving teams knowledge and expertise by taking part code reviews & coaching.
Skills and Experience
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web services trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming technologies.
- Approximately five years commercial experience developing production grade software.
- Strong knowledge of Web API Development, preferably REST using JSON
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented design and programming methodologies.
- The ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
Personal Attributes Required
- Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Candidates must also be able to use their own initiative and not be afraid to ask for help
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology.
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to information and its security. To understand and adhere to the Information Security framework in place, and to contribute to the development and on-going improvement of the D&B Dublin security of information and systems, in terms of confidentiality, integrity and availability both during and post-employment with D&B
Dun & Bradstreet is an equal opportunities employer.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top