Senior Financial Analyst
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our team is responsible for the fiscal health and growth of our company. Always data-inspired, we are a group of subject matter experts who serve as valuable and strategic partners to our business units around the world. We are divided into eight areas of practice, cross-collaborating to achieve our collective goals. Global FP&A; Commercial Finance; Financial Operations; Enterprise Risk Management (ERM); Controller; Tax: Investor Relations; Treasury; Systems.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a value added business partner supporting both the finance organization as well as sales leadership who will provide increased transparency in the business and influence sales growth in our largest segments in North America.
- Assist in completion of annual budgeting and monthly reporting of actual results with a focus on sales and revenue.
- Prepare forecasts and analyze financial data to determine key drivers of performance, its impact on the business, and present actionable insights to improve sales and revenue growth.
- Financial point of contact for Sales Leaders, Account Executives, and Internal Departments on more complex proposals to ensure pricing, terms, variances, etc. are structured to mutual advantage of customer and D&B.
- Will work across multiple organizations including Sales, Accounting, Finance, Product, Delivery as needed to ensure accurate reporting and understanding of results.
- Use technology and systems to improve processes and increase efficiency in the sales and finance process.
- Manage operating expenses and partner with the expense team to identify and resolve issues.
- Establish strong relationships and aid sales leadership in making value enhancing business decisions.
- Analyze massive quantities of data and deliver a concise message on what the data is telling us. Including customer / product / revenue trends to provide actionable information to Sales Leadership Team.
- Triangulate qualitative and quantitative data to validate assumptions and outcomes.
- Degree in finance or accounting required; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of significant finance/accounting experience in a corporate environment
- Expert ability to manipulate large data sets for trend and variance analysis
- Experience working with sales organizations to forecast and plan future results
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office suite especially Excel, Cognos TM1, Business Objects & Salesforce CRM experience preferred
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in clear, actionable way to non-financial audience
- Strong process and analytical skills; intellectually curious
- Ability to work well in a teaming/collaborative environment with a natural tendency to ask why
- Ability to manage a large workload with a sense of urgency and adapt real time to re-prioritization in a fluid environment
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top