Senior DevOps Professional
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
- Design, implement and/or extend software for effective management, automation, data collection, performance analysis, monitoring, and alert of production systems.
- Interface with engineering and operations teams to incorporate requirements and deliver core operations infrastructure components.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources.
- Implement the latest devops practices and processes, such as automation, continuous delivery, continuous integration, and service discovery.
- Create plans to ensure the operability, technical life cycle, and scalability of the service platform.
- Collaborate with architects and software engineers on improving software delivery, configuration, monitoring and operation.
- Advise and assist operations for improving up time, reducing service incidents, and accelerating software deployments.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux internals and core systems services (TCIP/IP, DNS, smtp, syslog, etc). RHEL preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCE)
- Strong scripting experience with Bash, Perl and/or Python.
- Strong relational database experience
- Tools development: experience developing systems automation tools (using Python, Perl, shell, Ruby, etc).
- Experience with systems/configuration management (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, Salt, kickstart, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure management tools (Terraform and/or Cloudformations)
- Experience with container engine and orchestration frameworks (Docker, LXC, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Experience with defect management tools (Jira, Bugzilla)
- Experience with source control management (Git/Bitbucker, SVN)
- Experience with build tools (maven, gradle and make)
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Experience with open source monitoring and alerting systems (nagios, zenoss, cacti, newrelic, pagerduty, etc).
- 3+ years of industry experience developing web applications (Java. Ruby, Python, NodeJS, ReactJS)
- 2+ years administration experience with multiple versions of Linux.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
High Risk & Fraud Insight Leader
Simi leads a team of product analysts who investigate businesses that are thought to be fraudulent—making sure Dun & Bradstreet and its customers are protected from fraud.
Back to top