Senior Development Manager
Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is vital to businesses of every size and scope, across six continents and every industry. Without our data, how would planes fly, coffee brew or search engines enlighten? When you collect and share insights on almost 300 million companies around the world, your chance to influence that world – for the better – is remarkably exciting. You will feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. Our collaborative, open culture is one where you can be inspired, and be inspiring.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning from data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us modernizing everything we do! We are passionate about the power of data. We embrace the change in the world around us. And we succeed by helping others succeed.
This is who we are and what you can expect when working in Dun & Bradstreet. So if you like the sound of this, we invite you to join our team. It is an opportunity like no other you will ever experience. You are the author of your career at D&B, and the company will back you with development that will lead you on road to success. What’s holding you back? Come join us on our journey!
We are seeking a Senior Development Manager that has a proven track record of leading development efforts in a dynamic development environment, and in a fast growing organization. You will be part of an organization using the most suitable tools, technologies and architectures to deliver state of the art software.
The manager will be responsible for development of D&B’s mission critical Prime platform, which will modernize the companies’ data processing channels and revolutionize the consistency, quality and performance of data provided to our customers.
As a manager, you will be responsible for enabling and driving software development, managing a team, delivering software to meet a technical solution. You will understand system constraints and limitations, and work with architects and principle engineers to cater for future functional and non-functional requirements. You will manage all operational aspects of the team to ensure business and platform commitments are achieved. You will provide administrative, technical and people leadership; including performance management and coaching. You will continually focus on improving the performance, efficiency and skillsets of the team. You will ensure a continuous smooth and successful transition of updates to the platform into the production environment.
You have a passion for quality and the continuous improvement of processes and software and be well versed with software engineering practices (e.g. Continuous Engineering, Build / Deploy, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Test and Staging Environments)
As an individual, you thrive under pressure. You are passionate about solving problems and you need to know and understand the details of both the technology and the business that your platform is built on. You are a hands on leader who leads by example.
Key Responsibilities and skills:
- Proven ability to lead a team of technical staff members to the successful delivery of a software product or platform
- Ability to work effectively with senior management in the development of strategic objectives and long-range plans.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into tactical action plans, and establish teams which can execute those plans.
- Strong technical skills which include a thorough understanding of application design and data communications.
- Demonstrated leadership and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a customer solution ethic and, by setting an example, instil the spirit of teamwork and cooperation within an organization.
- Addressing critical gaps in personnel, knowledge, skill and resource balance as needed.
- Anticipating risks and upcoming issues on the project and being prepared to mitigate and take action.
- Interfacing with a global team including – US senior management, technical leadership, peers, business team and executives to constantly review progress.
- Being a leader, mentor and facilitator to the development team.
- Identifying top talent and managing their careers.
- Degree related to software engineering and computer science
- Worked in software development for a minimum of 12 years
- Extensive IT and business/industry work experience, with experience in managing multiple, medium to large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to lead remote offshore teams.
- Proven capability in platform driven engineering a distinct advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of software development and project management
- Advanced technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/ technologies/processes in support of business objectives of the operating unit.
- Demonstrable experience in managing and delivering complex technology programs guided by engineering principles.
- Knowledge, experience and interest in technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Scala, Java, Spark, Angular, Message Queue, Maven, GIT etc. a positive.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top