Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
We are passionate about the power of data. We embrace the change in the world around us. And we succeed by helping others succeed. That is who we are and what you can expect we’re all about. So if you are too, we invite you to join our team. It is an opportunity like no other you will ever experience.
Position: Sr. Technical Developer/Engineer
- Developer responsible for building and testing enhancements to the data supply chain, including: data preparation/transformation, process orchestration; database maintenance; transactional and batch access capabilities; and operational user interface applications
- Prepare detailed functional specifications, design models, and system work flows from which software applications will be developed and implemented
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Freely shares experience/expertise with the development team. Demonstrates highly collaborative behavior.
- Mentor junior developers and team members
- Work with Project Management to help develop project plans. Complete work tasks to meet schedules
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to clearly explain design considerations, options, and trade-offs
- Typically has eight or more years of IT work experience in software development, installation, and modification (there is flexibility with this for the right experience).
- Proficient in object-oriented design and appropriate use design/architecture patterns
- Must be able to actively participate in system level design activities; providing solution approaches & alternatives, identifying risks, and appropriately challenging proposed designs and architectures
- Participate, or possibly lead, Proof of Concept activities. Help to clearly define objectives and desired outcomes.
- Proficient in the preparation of design artifacts and models; including, but not limited to use cases, user stories, UML diagrams, etc.
- Hands-on expert experience with Java – minimally, Java7; Java8 preferred.
- Professional experience working with Spring projects (Spring Framework, Spring Batch, etc.) and/or Apache projects
- Experience in programming with RDBMS and SQL. Understanding of MongoDB and triple-store databases is a plus
- Experience in working with XML and JSON
- Understanding and comfort level in working with multiple SDLC methodologies – iterative, Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Experience in developing for a Linux operating system (RHL preferred). Should also be familiar with java containers.
- Experience with developing services based on RESTful principles and SOAP
- Extensive experience with testing methodologies that cover unit, integration, and system testing. This should include experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, and occasionally as a team leader
- Develops solutions requiring analysis and research
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Quick learner who can master and manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision and a flexible positive attitude
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top