Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
We are seeking a senior Software Engineer who will utilize their strong programming background in Java and Big Data Technologies (Hadoop) to implement solutions to support exciting new initiatives for D&B's Analytics Technology department. . The ideal candidate will act as a Product Owner and Scrum Master and will drive the architectural design and implementation of application environments, applications and services needed to support the D&B Analytics and Scoring strategy. This role will also serve as a subject matter expert and architect in support of Global Data and Analytics research, development, and ongoing production support.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Act as a Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Translates business requirements into system requirements, should be able to recommend/propose various technical solutions based on the experience and best practice
- Define project road map, plan, effort estimation/cost estimation, ensure projects deliverables on schedule time (aggressive and proactive), risk management & etc
- Be able to to guide and mentor team
- 5-7+ of Java programming experience, including Java API. Experience with Python and Big Data technologies is a highly desirable
- Extensive hands-on in developing code, guide developers, perform code review.
- Strong knowledge in various/different programming and/or scripting languages, able to recommend enterprise standard development practices
- Experience with API platform standards, like REST Principals, Spring Boot, Micro services
- Experience with best practices for scalability and performance of distributed and big data solution (Hadoop, Cloudera)
- Experience with performance tuning/testing, memory management
- Experience with any No-SQL framework knowledge, preferable SOLR & Zookeeper),
- Experience with monitoring, backup, and disaster recovery of data systems.
- Aware of PI platform deployment strategy e.g. CI/CD, GIT branching strategies, release management, & etc.
- Some experience with AWS Services - architecture and deployments on EC2, S3, IAM roles, Networking, ALB, EMR, Auto Scaling groups, & etc.
Nice to Have:
- Map Reduce, Apache Spark, Linux, SQL
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top