Single OpeningWhy We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is vital to businesses of every size and scope, across six continents and every industry. Without our data, how would planes fly, coffee brew or search engines enlighten? When you collect and share insights on almost 300 million companies around the world, your chance to influence that world – for the better – is remarkably exciting. You will feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. Our collaborative, open culture is one where you can be inspired, and be inspiring.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning from data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us modernizing everything we do! We are passionate about the power of data. We embrace the change in the world around us. And we succeed by helping others succeed.
This is who we are and what you can expect when working in Dun & Bradstreet. So if you like the sound of this, we invite you to join our team. It is an opportunity like no other you will ever experience. You are the author of your career at D&B, and the company will back you with development that will lead you on road to success. What’s holding you back? Come join us on our journey!
Working with emerging technologies and software, you will be provided with a working environment that is stimulating, challenging and rewarding.
D&B are looking for developers who are proud of their code and who are willing to stand behind it every time. People who want to make quality, elegant code, and superior standards part of their everyday practices. We want people who take an active interest in the technical community as a whole and who have a passion for what they do.
If you want to influence; have the talent and ability to innovate with the best and the courage to stand up for quality then we want to talk to you.
- Development of cutting edge APIs and applications on a variety of technical stacks and delivered via multiple channels.
- Act as an SME in several technologies.
- Delivery of elegant solutions to large, complex, business problems.
- Drive continuous improvement within development teams through coaching and process improvement.
- Working in cross-functional teams you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities.
- You will be expected to write elegant, simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, testability and performance.
- You will validate proposed approaches and explore new concepts using proof-of-concepts, wire frames and early experience prototypes.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience of object-oriented software design, development and implementation using modern tools, frameworks and methods
- University Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experience in working with geographically dispersed teams
- Expert in a number of programming methodologies and design patterns.
- The ability to write and review well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- Proven ability to develop expert knowledge of a business domain.
- Experience of automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration solutions.
- Understands and critically evaluates production readiness of applications
- Experience of Distributed System design / development
Personal Attributes Required
- Candidates must be able to act as a mentor to others.
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Candidates must be prepared to take on delivery responsibilities outside of development as needed.
- Candidates must be able to work and provide leadership within a collaborative team environment
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Back to top