Senior Analytical Consultant - Predictive Analytics
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
A fantastic opportunity has now arisen for a Senior Analytical Consultant to join the world's leading provider of commercial information and insight on businesses. The job holder will join the Advanced Analytics Services team that is responsible for the development and maintenance of ground-breaking scores and ratings on businesses across the globe, that are used to manage Credit Risk, Sales & Marketing and Compliance & Supply. The job holder will be expected to work closely with customers as well as sales, marketing, and product teams across the organization to ensure that our analytical solutions meet the customer needs and deliver sustainable business growth opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and validate Statistical Models independently. Demonstrate the ability to challenge the status quo, and use new statistical algorithms.
- Analyse and interpret large amounts of data, and articulate business insight in a clear and consistent manner. Proven track record of independent thinking and ingenuous approaches to problem solving.
- Develop full custom analytics solutions. Understand customers' business needs, define suitable solutions, request and evaluate the customer data, select appropriate statistical methodologies, develop, document and present the final solution. Flexible to work on customer sites, as and when required.
- Provide the necessary technical support on any analytic solutions sold to customers. Follow up on the business impact driven by the analytic solutions, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
What we're looking for:
- Communicate analytical results in a clear and consistent manner to technical and non-technical audiences. Create documents and presentations for all analytics projects that fall under ownership. Carry out regular peer reviews on models, documents and presentations.
- Adhere to the project deliverables outlined in the statement of work, maintain timelines, and document progress. Create project plans and track/report progress against milestones. Raise challenges/issues in a timely fashion to the team leader, and adjust plans to overcome unexpected challenges.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work in a team environment, to brainstorm and exchange ideas. Ability to influence others.
- Keep up with academic literature and industry best practice and experiment with new methods to improve our current solutions, or develop new ones. Engage actively in brainstorming sessions and inform the team leader of new market trends.
You should possess the following skills and experience:
- Extensive B2C or B2B predictive modelling experience gained from within the financial services and telecom industries using SAS, SPSS, R, Python and SQL. Good understanding of banking and/or telecom products.
- Hands-on experience developing either Credit Bureau Scores (Bankruptcy, Insolvency, Delinquency), Credit Risk Scores (Account Origination, Portfolio Management, PD, EAD, LGD) or Marketing Scores (Response, Acquisition, Cross-Sell, Up-Sell, Retention), using structured/un-structured and internal/external data sources.
- Significant commercial experience in statistical analysis/consulting, and of working in international or multicultural organizations.
- MBA or PhD (preferably) in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top