Sales Executive, New Client Acquisition -- Education Industry
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Sales Executive, New Client Acquisition
We're MDR, a division of D&B and our business is growing. We're looking for talented new team members to help us achieve even more success! Learn more about MDR.
We currently have an opening for a Strategic Client Executive, Integrated Marketing Programs.
MDR is the leading multi-channel education marketing and engagement expert focused exclusively on the school channel. Our solution portfolio marries award-winning classroom content with progressive integrated marketing programs designed to drive educators, youth, and families to action. MDR has been a leader in the educational marketing community for almost 50 years.
We build scalable, measurable, custom school initiatives on behalf of corporate, nonprofit, foundation and association clients. Our programs support clients' Corporate Social Responsibility, Communications, Marketing, Human Resources, and Brand Engagement goals.
Our clients are having a significant impact on driving teacher capacity and student achievement by providing inspiring products, services, and programs. We are honored to empower them to help students achieve their fullest potential.
The Sales Executive
The Sales Executive sits on MDR's emerging New Customer Acquisition team, responsible for expanding MDR's market share from traditional education industry B2B clients, to clients who want to leverage the school channel in support of cause related, workforce pipeline, or consumer/brand marketing goals.
- New Customer Acquisition - Using a consultative approach, manage the full sales cycle to aggressively grow MDR's customer portfolio through sales development, lead generation, discovery, qualification, solution definition, contract negotiation and program launch.
- Revenue - Sell the full complement of MDR's products & services at or above accountability, determine and fulfill customer needs, plan & execute account growth strategies, conduct face-to-face consultations, generate and close proposals, and superbly manage all levels of customer care/support. The Relationship Manager will prepare and deliver compelling presentations and pitches to the C-Level as well as the director and manager level.
- Client Relationships - Build relationships with clients through superb discovery processes and relationship building. Acquire and maintain knowledge about each customer's sales, marketing, and branding initiatives, specifically related to efforts targeting the education segment, including reach to students and parents. The role requires a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between the customers' business and goals and how MDR's integrated solutions can uniquely drive client success.
- Strategy - Serve as a trusted advisor to new and existing clients by developing winning marketing and engagement strategies that exceed client goals. Develop and execute client acquisition and growth strategies with MDR senior leadership and other team members through detailed planning,
- Performance - This role is responsible for meeting and exceeding overall revenue targets through the acquisition of new, and renewal of current revenue within an assigned territory.
- Industry Knowledge - MDR representatives deliver insight, leadership, and credibility. The Sales Executive will serve as a trusted advisor, leading clients through thoughtful, proactive, and compelling strategies that help them achieve their goals. Experience selling or executing successful integrated marketing or brand engagement programs, and overall knowledge and expertise in contemporary and legacy marketing channels is required.
- Results oriented, problem solving, and thought leadership required. A strategic thinker with the ability to manage a large sales territory and exercise independence, autonomy, and sound judgment in making strategic business recommendations and decisions. Exceptional consultative sales skills, including superior written and verbal communication, organizational, customer relations and interpersonal skills. Track record of success selling agency services, marketing services, brand engagement, or sponsorship programs is a plus.
- Demonstrated solution selling ability resulting in the successful sale of large-scale integrated marketing campaigns, ideally into the education segment. Key attributes include high level discovery and probing skills, superior pitch and presentation abilities, superb communication, an engaging client-facing persona, and an overall ability to lead customers with highly credible insight and knowledge of best practice.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in new customer acquisition.
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding quota-driven goals.
At MDR, we see our investment in benefits as an investment in our people. Our comprehensive benefits program includes: excellent salary plus, training and development, 401K Plan, tuition reimbursement, medical and dental plans, life insurance, dependent and health care spending accounts, short-term and long-term disability plans, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, PTO days (Paid Time Off) sick time, paid holidays, etc.
We value the diversity of perspectives that result from a variety of life experiences, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender, and race. Ours is a winning culture where we work together as a team with a clear focus on common goals and where team members are able to grow, develop and contribute to their fullest.
MDR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/D.
Click here to apply for this position on the D&B Career Center site.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top