REMOTE -Systems Administrator/DevOps Engineer
- Abilene, TX
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
D&B's Cloud Services team is responsible for maintaining the datacenter and public cloud eco-system, operational standards, automation and CI/CD pipeline, deployment and buildout of infrastructure and applications.
We are seeking a Systems Administrator/DevOps Engineer to join the team to build, automate and deploy new infrastructure plans and applications, custom deployment scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability
This role is remote- US only
- Monitoring and supporting existing deployments. Perform root cause analysis and problem resolutions, provides recommendations, build consensus and execute solutions.
- Build, automate and deploy new infrastructure plans and applications, custom deployment scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Work in coordination with the managed service provider. Manage tickets and projects to ensure managed service provider completes work within specified time and to specifications.
- Develop and support operational standards and governance for the data center. Maintain security controls by working in close cooperation with Information Security teams.
- Work with development teams in architecting solutions and working with the managed service provider on implementation to insure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources
- Evaluate and recommend optimization, automation, and other tools associated and integrated with data center infrastructure and cloud-based providers
- Provide off-hours (24X7) technical support
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree from an accredited institution (In lieu of a degree, certifications or experience will be considered)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience supporting Linux (RHEL & CentOS) and Windows systems
- Experience in deploying 3-tier applications with Tomcat, Apache and similar
- 2+ years experience with VMware and Virtualization Technologies
- 2-3 years of experience with SAN administration (storage area network), preferably EMC
- Experience with scripting languages: Bash and/or Powershell; Python is a plus
- Proficient in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment in an Agile, fast-paced, DevOps environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Load Balancing technologies: F5 LTM is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of DNS
- Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Anisble, Salt or other such tools.
- Developing tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, and creating operational playbooks
- Strong problem management skills, including the ability to identify and asses the risks and determine corrective actions
Certifications or Other Professional Credentials:
-AWS and Azure experience is a plus
-Detail-oriented with ability to manage a vendor, document changes, update runbooks, troubleshoot, and write support documentation
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top