- Austin, TX
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
This person will work with the QA team in our Trade Credit Technology team, and will manually test and write automated test scripts for business use cases for the enterprise application(s)
The Quality Assurance Engineer role is to develop automation scripts, test, deploy, execute and maintain them. Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. Apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
This is a fast paced environment and does involve some interaction with off shore teams. This role will sit within a team of onshore QA analysts, who partner closely with the offshore team.
- Responsible for Identification of Test Requirements, help in improve formal QA Processes
- Develop and Implement Test Strategy and Test Scripts. Designing and helping in creating the architecture of Test Automation.
- Create and execute automation test scripts using Selenium Java, and Web services testing using SoapUI, Postman
- Coordinate testing with global test team across different locations and different time zones.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Track and Report upon testing activities, including test results, test case coverage, defects discovered and their status, performance baseline etc
- Assist in process improvement initiatives by working across technical teams to enhance the systems, processes and controls to ensure effective development, monitoring, and support is in place
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications. Understand the use of industry tools / technology & their impact on project & operational goals
- Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years broad Information Technology experience
- Bachelors or master's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science. ISTQB certification (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in overseeing design, development, and implementation of quality assurance testing including test strategy, test plans, test cases and test data
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in developing the automation scripts in BDD Framework using Selenium/Java for the enterprise applications and Webservices automation development
- Strong Technical Skills, both functional and non-functional, in a continuous delivery environment.
- Hands on Experience in Tools - Selenium with Java (Automation), JMeter, LoadRunner (Performance).
- Must have worked in Agile and experience in Test Management Tools - JIRA/Test Rails
- Must have worked in webservice automation with SOAP UI/ Postman
- Experience in developing SQL queries utilizing RDBMS (can include any of these - SQL Server, DB2, and/or Oracle) to validate test results and/or create test data to execute test cases.
- Experience in data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience including presentations to senior management, peer groups and associates
- Excellent Knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risk Based Testing
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top