Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do - from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver Dun & Bradstreet data into our customer's ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today - and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future. As a Principal Software Engineer with Dun & Bradstreet, you will be responsible for the development of cutting-edge APIs and applications on a variety of technical stacks and delivered via multiple channels.
We're looking for someone who has an expert knowledge of software design patterns and is familiar with a number of enterprise application architecture styles. You have established yourself as the technology expert within your team, and are responsible for ensuring best practice in software development is adhered to at all times. You're self-directed and are strongly motivated to proactively identify challenges and propose innovative solutions.
You are able to effectively leverage resources within and outside of your team to deliver exceptional results. You are a skilled motivator and act as an inspirational figure for your team, constantly pushing them to deliver to the best of their ability. You take a keen interest in your team's professional development and are seen as a trusted mentor.
- Development of cutting edge APIs and applications on a variety of technical stacks and delivered via multiple channels
- Lead a global team of software engineers, including effectively managing resource selection and allocation and provide training and guidance to improve the quality of the team's deliverables
- Take an active part in deliverables, beginning from the conception stage through post-production deployment
- Pre-emptively identify and solve challenges
- Actively participate in writing code
- Ensuring the delivery meets customer expectations as per the given specifications
- Preparing the status and project reports on engineering
- Ensuring code quality and testing of the software after creation
- Prepare the estimates of the software development and execution
- Understand the domain and business and educate the team on those
- Degree related to software engineering and computer science
- Experience leading global teams
- Experience in using various object-oriented development languages with expertise in some
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience in operational systems engineering, disaster recovery, high availability, messaging systems performance, scaling and security
- Proven experience building large-scale, distributed systems using frameworks
- Experience of a broad range of database solutions and database schema design including normalisation, de-normalisation and query performance analysis
- Experience of applying test driven development techniques using frameworks
- Experience of systems integration tools and technologies such as ESB, Web Services, REST etc.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of AWS
- Experience of working within various development environment such as Agile, waterfall etc.
- Experience of managing a continuous integration environment
- Excellent communication skills
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to the Company's Business Management System. This relates to information and its security, quality, environment and health and safety both during and post-employment with D&B Dublin.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top