Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We're wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Technology Team:
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer's ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today - and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future.
Working with emerging technologies and software, you will be provided with a working environment that is stimulating, challenging and rewarding.
D&B are looking for engineers who are proud of their code and who are willing to stand behind it every time. People who want to make quality, elegant code, and superior standards part of their everyday practices. We want people who take an active interest in the technical community as a whole and who have a passion for what they do.
If you want to influence; have the talent and ability to innovate with the best and the courage to stand up for quality, then we want to talk to you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of cutting edge APIs and applications on a variety of technical stacks and delivered via multiple channels
- The principal software engineer has the responsibility to lead the team of the software engineers in building software
- Take active part in deliverables beginning from the conception stage through post production deployment
- Actively participating in writing code
- Ensuring the delivery meets customer expectations as per the given specifications
- Responsible for preparing the status and project reports on engineering
- Ensuring code quality and testing of the software after creation
- Provide training and coaching to the software engineers
- Select and organize the staff suitable for the development of the software project
- Prepare the estimates of the software development and execution
- Understand the domain and business and educate the team on those
- Principal software engineer skills and specifications
- Degree related to software engineering and computer science.
- Experience in using various object-oriented development languages with expertise in some
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience in operational systems engineering, disaster recovery, high availability, messaging systems performance, scaling and security
- Experience of using a dependency injection container such as Spring
- Experience of database schema design including normalisation, de-normalisation and query performance analysis
- Experience of applying test driven development techniques using frameworks
- Experience of developing automated acceptance tests using frameworks
- Experience of systems integration tools and technologies such as ESB, Web Services, REST etc.
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud technologies, including AWS
- Experience of working within various development environment such as Agile, waterfall etc.
- Experience of managing a continuous integration environment
All employees and contractors working in D&B Dublin should be aware that they have responsibilities in relation to the Company's Business Management System. This relates to information and its security, quality, environment and health and safety both during and post-employment with D&B Dublin.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected] Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Meet Some of Dun & Bradstreet's Employees
Product Marketing Manager
Deniz works on D&B's digital marketing offerings—Audience Targeting and Web Visitor ID—creating collateral and communicating value. He also brainstorms new product features, plans launches, and supports sales.
Back to top