Principal, Data Acquisition (Data Hunter)
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we're so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet's Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we're wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you're looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
The data acquisition team is a newly formed group that is responsible for acquiring new data assets like alternative data and developing new data models and partnerships cross business units.
As a data hunter, known internally as Principal, Data Acquisition, you will execute against a clear roadmap of data acquisition targets. You will source, scope and negotiate with external data vendors as well as other owners of data to support the alternative data initiatives of the company.
- Research: analysis of options for data providers aligned to the data acquisition strategy, analyzing strengths/weaknesses of data sources in the market to generate recommendations
- Execution: negotiate, pricing, structuring and closing new data deals with data owners and vendors - owning all stages of the pipeline and collaborating internally.
- Maintain an insightful market perspective on potential new data sets and vendors and engage with the external data marketplaces, bring back new ideas.
- Creativity in scoping, creating and internally pitching new value from combinations of vendor data into new data assets
- 7 or more years of business experience in data acquisition, data strategy, business development.
- Proficiency driving end results with a track record of managing data deals from end to end or commercial partner negotiations to close, etc.
- Experience working with complex contracts, negotiating with counter parties and managing processes within tight timelines
- Commercial mindset, logical and organized.
- Ability to travel 20% of time.
- Can be remote.
- Sales experience
- Ability to work collaboratively to assess data set or partnership value.
- Ability to connect data sets to use cases and personas and explain use cases to internal teams.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.
Back to top